The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VMAX Judgement Day! only the fast need apply!

JamieP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest craigvmax
Its a static test mate, just run a bung then take it out, i know a few people there do this, most the hsv guys have switchable exhausts.

oh dear oh dear.

very interested in seeing the results of this

Good luck lads

whats the highest mph a supra, in theory can make?

See the gear spreadsheet Homer did, depends on which gearbox, diff, rpm limit & tyre size

V160, JSpec Diff, 7200rpm stock rolling radius is a smidge over 200mph

I didnt know they were 200mph as near standard! that's cool.

maybe next year i'll get in on the action ;)

They weren't / aren't. The spreadsheet just tells you what speed you would be doing if you could achieve a particular RPM in a particular gear.

You'd still need the ooomph from the engine to get you up to those revs, and the stock Supra hasn't got it unfotunately.

Guest craigvmax

thought I might surprise you popping up here :D

Lads I'm more than happy to have a couple of Supra's along, vmax has never been solely about the hypercars or excluding anyone at all. Sounds like you have some pretty heavy duty metal here too.

That said, Bruntingthorpe has been under extreme pressure with noise so any pi$$ taking will simply mean you'll be stopped from running which could prove an expensive day out for you.

I have to be strict sadly as any excess noise jeopardises the fun for everyone.

I'd have a go at this, but when is it?

Craig I'd be bringing this car.....http://www.bigsupra.co.uk/e_skillen.html

Can fit my parrellel random techrace cats to make it even quieter, it's quieter as it is beside a lot of euro performance cars.

Do you measure the exhaust before or during the event, as I am thinking most cars get louder when roasting hot?.

I would like to be the quietest car over 200mph. (UK diff and 8.5K rev limit).

Edited by Chiefgroover
Just woke up and got thinking (see edit history)

thought I might surprise you popping up here :D

Lads I'm more than happy to have a couple of Supra's along, vmax has never been solely about the hypercars or excluding anyone at all. Sounds like you have some pretty heavy duty metal here too.

That said, Bruntingthorpe has been under extreme pressure with noise so any pi$$ taking will simply mean you'll be stopped from running which could prove an expensive day out for you.

I have to be strict sadly as any excess noise jeopardises the fun for everyone.

Did you get my mail Craig, I sent it on the AFR Tuning e.mail account.

How many members would pass the noise test here? I get the feeling very few?

Yeah, most of the high power motors will be running turbo kits with screamer pipes. Even re-circulating the wastegate and running one of the quieter exhausts available (rated at 91-92Db on stock Supra with cats fitted) it would probably still be marginal.