The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Can't Believe It!!

Guest MoeBlunt

Guest MoeBlunt
Do you not know what plugs you have fitted at the moment? Iridium plugs will last longer but they are a lot more expensive.

The TT does not have HT leads, each plug has it's own coil pack which connect to the main wiring loom, it is the connectors between the loom and coil packs that become brittle and can cause misfire. Pics HERE

I think they are NGK platinum...

I've just placed the order for those sparks! hope they solve the problem!!

Thanks for your help mate ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MoeBlunt
to add to Nics post if it is the connectors, they remind me of simple clip connectors inside that have a simple peice of metal that is bent out slightly on the male side so when clipped together, the metal touchs the other clip, using a very small screwdriver you can bend the bit of metal back out slightly to make a better connection. Its not risky you cant snap this metal off unless you literally tried too!

:blink: lool I know i'm going to end up ruining the engine somehow! so i'll get it done at whifbitz on monday because i'm going to get the boost controller re-calibrated anyway to at least eliminate the chance of the problem being a fuel cut!

Thanks for your help mate! ;)

Guest MoeBlunt
If you do end up changing the plugs, then I would replace the coil pack connectors at the same time. To access the plugs you also need to remove the 2 cam cover breather hoses, these also become brittle and split easily, so I would also buy/fit new hoses as well. Here are the Toyota part numbers.

90980-11246 Coil Pack connectors

12263-46010 breather hose 1

12264-46010 breather hose 2

Excuse my noobness lol, but am I going to need 6 of each? or 6 coil packs and just the 2 hoses?

cheers :)

Excuse my noobness lol, but am I going to need 6 of each? or 6 coil packs and just the 2 hoses

6 coil pack connectors

and one of each hose

:yeahthat:

6x 90980-11246 Coil Pack connectors

1x 12263-46010 breather hose 1

1x 12264-46010 breather hose 2

not hard to beat a STi

ive left 3 of them with hardly using the second turbo...:D

On the way back from my bro's cafe I saw a Scooby STi on the A406 doing about 35-40mph so I went up next to him, all of a sudden he floors it so I thought why not, it's new years for crying out loud! lol

He got the lead obviously because of his 4wd tech, but i started to catch up when I hear these popping noises coming from the exhaust then i lose power for a split second, it happend more than once but when i kick down i get power again then it would cut off again just as the turbos are boosting...?!

I saw him at the next lights and we had a little chat and he told me he was running stock...?! 280bhp??

Is it a fuel cut i'm getting? but i have a fuel cut defender fitted and it was happening on low and high boost?!

I'm well confused but I hope it's not something seriously wrong with my baby! :(

Do you not know what plugs you have fitted at the moment? Iridium plugs will last longer but they are a lot more expensive.

The TT does not have HT leads, each plug has it's own coil pack which connect to the main wiring loom, it is the connectors between the loom and coil packs that become brittle and can cause misfire. Pics HERE

The NGK iridium plugs seem quite cheap now, £5.90 each here.