The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Vs Evo8: best Daily Driver

spooling

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to summarise. my mate got fq320 and the supe is far superior. no question!

I remember seeing Police Camera Action and the police had trouble catching to a chase car. When they got to it the car was parked up & the officer goes... "You do know what FQ-320 stands for right?" "Fucking Quick!" It was bleeped out but very funny!

Anyway, welcome to the club... I've used my stock TT for a whole week as a daily driver & apart from the large petrol bills I found it amazing. When I was pottering around town it was effortless, had a few colleagues with me & they were amazing how a car built nearly 15 years ago was so quiet! When idle you can not hear anything! It is an auto box and the response for both pottering away & rapid acceleration is just amazing.

IMH If I was choose between the Evo8 and the Supra TT as a DD, it would be a very close call but I'd maybe go on for the Evo8, a few reasons:

• Great looking car
  • The back seats would come in handy
  • Smaller, so great for parking in London
  • More MPG but don't expect a big difference
  • AWD would be pretty handy in these weather conditions & you could take the Evo8 through a nice country road/gravel track!

Though saying all that I love the Supe over the Evo8, if it was my dream car... I'd follow my dreams. :)

well i wouldnt say they all come bpu. just depends what you want. personally i wouldnt buy an auto, but i cant offer an opinion on that because i havn`t owned one. Got to be manual though hasnt it? you will love it though mate, i really do love just driving about sometimes.

My Evo V was far more thirsty than the supra is. I don't understand why people are saying the Evo is more economical.

I get around 20-25 mpg from the Sup consistantly. From the Evo I got between 15 and 20. More often than not it was closer to the 15. Granted it was an RS so had a different ratio gearbox or final drive or whatever, but still.

abz you say great looking but your comparing it to a supe....

if you have to badges, 1. beautiful

2. ugly

you have to put one badge next to the supra and one next to the evo.

Which way round? This is easy :D

You right that is easy...

1. Evo 8 = Beautiful

2. Supra = Ugly

Only joking! The Supra is stunning! More the back than the front, though I think the Evo 8 has a nice aggressive front, and I think it is a good looking car. Would I take one over looks, not compared to the Supra I won't. Though compared to a Scooby I would! :D

Well good choices, but what about an impreza? STi 8? AWD, easier service intervals, decent power, can be modded to around 380-400 relatively easily... and rather bullet proof.

I came from Cape Town South Africa, so very used to driving on open roads, sweeping turns and 75% sun shine! I had a 450bhp Supra and hated in the wet! I also struggled with the front bumper hitting every bloody pothole in the road (rubbish roads here) - clean un-damaged front bumper lasted 8 days.

I have now gone for a 2002 prodrive sti and love it. The missus is happ driving the car, runs 300 bhp (looking at more power next year) and used as an everyday driver. I do hate the generalisation associated with imprezas, but then again, so do a lot of the other owners.

Good luck!

You right that is easy...

1. Evo 8 = Beautiful

2. Supra = Ugly

Only joking! The Supra is stunning! More the back than the front, though I think the Evo 8 has a nice aggressive front, and I think it is a good looking car. Would I take one over looks, not compared to the Supra I won't. Though compared to a Scooby I would! :D

Lol i nearly choked on my cocorocks when i read this :D

Scooby, noone buys them anymore do they? :D Every man pig and dog has got one.

To be honest evo`s are lovely cars and i love the rally feel to them. But like you abz the supe was my dream car from being 12 years old, there was only ever one performance car once id saved up :D

My girlfriend has a evo 7 and apart from the back seats its no comparison to my supra. Very hard on fuel only bout 400 km to a tank and she never drives hard. Servicing is every 4500 miles thats engine oil and ayc fluid. Another thing is depending if you launch them you could find yourself putting in more clutches than petrol lol