Supra Vs Evo8: best Daily Driver

spooling

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do play bingo! lol...

let's say i do find me a nice 95' TT with a couple of mods on...

what OEM parts would need or should be replaced to be on the safe side.

lol, i need to find a good online job in the UK so i can see what i want. (yes i am addicted to modding)

meko! oh god... i would die i were to see my baby not move for so long.

no i don't.

i have the prints out in my things coming from florida which are in a storage room on the other side of england :(

and mind you. no lsd... well having it in a box on the rear seats doesn't count right?

lol, I don't think it does count! Very I'm very impressed with your Mazda, but then again, the Americans don't do things by half when they Mod cars hey! Some of the American Supras are nuts!

BTW Matt H. your car is exactly what i want, minus the spoiler and paint in blue!

sex on wheels :)

Thank you very much :) The spoiler is rather a contentious thing with members on the forum! :D Most aren’t fans either. I may change it for either a do-luck, or back to stock?

If you want it, I’m always open to an offer ;)

Or it'll just give one very BIG bang... ;)

Sounds like a story one of my mates told me about.

He worked for Mitsubishi a while back. Some lad came in and bought a brand new Evo, a few days later it limped in as the engine had blown.

Somebody else had seen the car come in and whispered something to the manager.. who then toddled off down the street, had a word in somebody's ear and then watched the CCTV footage of the said Evo being thrown around, doughnutted and red lined around a supermarket car park.

Apparently the lads face was a picture when he was told the warranty was void as he was too dumb to blow it up in private and they'd seen the CCTV footage.

meko! oh god... i would die i were to see my baby not move for so long.

Welcome to my world!!

bought mine on 27th January and somebody threw it though a fence for me on the 11th February. I got it back out of the shop on the 3rd August

Worst part was, i had to drive my Dad's diesel Citroén Berlingo for that 6 months.

Sounds like a story one of my mates told me about.

He worked for Mitsubishi a while back. Some lad came in and bought a brand new Evo, a few days later it limped in as the engine had blown.

Somebody else had seen the car come in and whispered something to the manager.. who then toddled off down the street, had a word in somebody's ear and then watched the CCTV footage of the said Evo being thrown around, doughnutted and red lined around a supermarket car park.

Apparently the lads face was a picture when he was told the warranty was void as he was too dumb to blow it up in private and they'd seen the CCTV footage.

Ace! :D

That's another thing about the Evo, it has a stigma attached to the kind of owner. Such as shame because they are awesome cars.

Prolly bit off topic but I saw the pics of the two birds sitting on your aerotop Matt_H. You prolly didn't wash your car for ageeeeeeees eh? ;)

On topic : I would choose the Evo8 as a daily driver. The Sup is pretty but its more of a weekend cruiser. Evo = more practical and can look pretty brutal as well.

Prolly bit off topic but I saw the pics of the two birds sitting on your aerotop Matt_H. You prolly didn't wash your car for ageeeeeeees eh? ;)

lol. I was the car religiously, not even Cameron Diaz's arse print would get to stay.... maybe :D

so i understand he supra is pretty reliable... for a BPU+ (TBE/SRI/FMIC/BOV/BC) what sort of interval do you wait before changing the oil, and what sort of MPG do u get?

It's very reliable in stock form. When you start tinkering, it's then only as reliable as the people doing the tunning. Having said that, the 2JZ is an awesome base to modify however, you only have to look at JamieP's project thread to see the power he is running on stock internals... Plus he's a nut behind the wheel! :D

The supra is the best DD car I've had, the torque makes pottering about town easy and its blessed with a really good autobox which makes most types of driving (motorway or 'spirited') fun. The EVO will probably be a bit more raw but for straight line performance supra's are hard to beat, and tbh who drives their car 10/10ths round bends on public roads anyway. Only thing the EVO would win on is backseats that fit human sized people and 4wd which will make pulling away from junctions in the rain a bit less pant-wetting.