The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much for a TT BPU conversion

Guest cliogerbil

Guest cliogerbil

what other cars is the engine in? i know they're in an Aristo..what about a Lexus GS300 etc?

Also does it matter if its an engnie with an auto box going into a manual car?

Just having a look around at engines you see.

Ive done the conversion on my n/a, i simple bought the full engine with turbos,loom and ecu's from a slightly smashed up supra.

It really is a simple conversion im a builder and i did it with a mate over a couple of weeks. I paid £1400 for full engine, About £550 for full exhaust and decats, £300 for intercooler. While engine was out of car fitted new clutch, water pump, cambelt and most other things but only because it was easy to do so at the time.

You also need the rev counter dials from a tt as the n/a dials wont work, also a bigger fuel pump is better but dont have to.

Im also using the 5 speed gearbox that everyone says will brake but mine is still fine and been using it for over a year now. Im upgrading my twins after christmas so they will run 450-500bhp just to see how much the 5 speed can take. lol.

to.

Im also using the 5 speed gearbox that everyone says will brake but mine is still fine and been using it for over a year now. Im upgrading my twins after christmas so they will run 450-500bhp just to see how much the 5 speed can take. lol.

An interesting and possibly expensive experiment.

Theres a company in america that upgrade the turbos to run alot more boost. Isnt cheap tho but i think it the easiest way.

No offense .. if you get this figure from twins (I am not speaking of big twins) : RESPECT.

Some people have been talked so by quite unknown tuners, but were dispappointed afterwards ... reminds me of a funny thread a couple of months ago.

Sorry its the Twin Garrett GT28 Hybrid Stock Turbocharger Upgrade Kit which i ill be using but looks like standard.

Are you using a UK/USA spec turbos for your base or just JDM ones? If the former you can use this one https://www.speedforsale.com/supraparts/speed-sale-usdm-gt28-hybrid-stock-twin-turbo-upgrade-550rwhp-p-553.html and get that bhp figure - they say, but if the latter this is the one they do https://www.speedforsale.com/supraparts/speed-sale-gt28-style-hybrid-stock-twin-turbo-upgrade-p-635.html?osCsid=j1i0s2m1q4ohj50sbrj3be7v77 and you wont as they are only GT28 Style and not hybrids, but the turbos may last a little longer...maybe. Worth the hassle importing them over hybrids you can buy here already for less?

sort of going back to the begining a bit, i too am looking for the tt conversion but want to stay auto i think?? is this a good idea? obviously a standard autobox from a tt will cope?

It's a good idea, as the TT Autobox is relatively cheap and much stronger. The last I heard of conversion prices it was about £3,000 for a TT Auto conversion including the box (I'm not sure about prop and diff, you'd have to ring keron or silverstone garage and ask).