The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Testing the water - Quicksilver 98 NA Auto

jonathanc

I have liked your n/a from when you first advertised it. Keep it as your daily runner and buy a TT as well for your weekend car ;) . . . sorted

Scotty

lol I wish I could afford that :p Wife's already going crazy over the Sup since I am currently have the Sup under wraps and not driving her. She says its a waste of money if I don't drive it :p

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very nice looking car,and in Quicksilver too.If I were you I do a TT swap.You'll struggle to find a mint 98 TT out there unless you're getting one imported.

Been thinking of that mate, but the garages who does it is waaaay down South. I would prefer a place closer just in case something needs following up etc...

• 2 weeks later...
yeah must say i love them wheels look stunning. good luck with the sale. i would consider the conversion a bit more if i was you, the car looks awesome.

Aye but I might switch to a cheaper car for the mean time I'm afraid :( Planning on getting a GT4 WRC to play with since I actually get a refund (yes a refund!) for my insurance.

I'm going to miss her as she is really a beauty but I hope to sell it to someone who would actually drive her! At the moment I'm so afraid of getting the sup dirty she's always under wraps :p

Perhaps when I sort my finances in the future I will get myself a TT6 ;)

I might get a guy who wants to do a swap with his 97 3000GT + cash my way but I really just want to sell the car as a whole since my drive is already pretty packed atm :p

I might get a guy who wants to do a swap with his 97 3000GT + cash my way but I really just want to sell the car as a whole since my drive is already pretty packed atm :p

I had one, dont do it there bloody awfull build quality compared to a mkiv !!!!

Mate i'd hang on to it, then take it a few shows in the summer if you still want shot of it. Cars don't sell fast this time of year in general. And under 4k is just give away considering the condition it was in when I had it, all be it that was well over a year and half ago

Yeah, might just declare it SORN to be honest. Been advertised for months and mostly got timewasters :( Bad time to sell NAs hehe.

alright, might be a noob question but do I have to have insurance on the car if I declare SORN? Will it affect resale value in any way?

legally you dont need insurance, however it might be worth keep it running as it will be covered for fire and theft.

resale value will be the same, also if you keep the insurance running you will be able to tax it for the new owner if they require.

legally you dont need insurance, however it might be worth keep it running as it will be covered for fire and theft.

resale value will be the same, also if you keep the insurance running you will be able to tax it for the new owner if they require.

Cheers for the advice mate ;)

Due to sudden personal problems I would really have to let go this Supra. I am now selling it for £3700 which is a bargain for a car in this condition.

Serious buyers only please... I have had enough of timewasters...

Thats a great price Jonathan, you must really need to shift it! Hope the probs arent too serious. If you were to hold out and maybe SORN it for a while as suggested I reckon youd get over £4K.

Thats a great price Jonathan, you must really need to shift it! Hope the probs arent too serious. If you were to hold out and maybe SORN it for a while as suggested I reckon youd get over £4K.

yeah pretty big problem trying to solve it mate. Thinking of SORN if still don't sell the problem is the MOT and Tax runs out March so if I SORN I would have to get insurance again to tax and mot when I will sell...sounds like a bit of a hassle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.