The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Testing the water - Quicksilver 98 NA Auto

jonathanc

Looking for £5000 for my baby. I might even consider including the awesome Alpine HU with some custom SW+6x9 setup that I have!

nice looking car. ive got one very similar.

i was keen to see what price youd put on it just to give me an idea of what mines worth.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, is my asking price too high? i reckon thats just right considering the age, condition and the history the car has...

There's no exact science to pricing TBH. If you want to achieve 5k then it may take a while as we now have TT's on this forum going for not much more than your asking price.

There's a buyer for every car but it's just finding him or her out there - that's the problem. As an example but I had an ideal price for my TT Auto, but in the end, I received 3.5K less than what I wanted and I was gutted (and mine was one of the top few cars on the forum in terms of condition and low mileage).

It all depends on how long you want to wait for it to sell and if you're lucky enough to have a guy come along that really wants your car.

Thanks for the input guys. I am clueless when asked to estimate prices of cars like this, especially to fellow club members. I guess you are right about winter time.

I was driving in heavy rain yesterday and I nearly lost control of the back wheels and I wasn't even going fast and very careful with the right foot. I imagine things must be worse for a TT?

Still, the petrolhead in me insists that I get a TT lol.

edit: yes I noticed the TTs are going cheap but I was also considering the manufactured year of my car and mileage as well in the price. Don't know, I would have just kept the car but lately so many TT adverts tempting me lol.

Thanks for the input guys. I am clueless when asked to estimate prices of cars like this, especially to fellow club members. I guess you are right about winter time.

The problem with selling cars (and the items come to think of it) on this forum is that people want everything at 'mates rates'. This forum is great but we certainly don't help ourselves when it comes to maintaining good market prices for our cars:rolleyes:.

I was driving in heavy rain yesterday and I nearly lost control of the back wheels and I wasn't even going fast and very careful with the right foot. I imagine things must be worse for a TT?

Not really, the best thing about a TT is it does take a few revs before the engine winds up so it all depends on how you drive the thing i.e. respect the road & the car and you should be fine as a rule of thumb!

Still, the petrolhead in me insists that I get a TT lol.

Still a good idea IMO but there's still nothing wrong with an NA:)

edit: yes I noticed the TTs are going cheap but I was also considering the manufactured year of my car and mileage as well in the price. Don't know, I would have just kept the car but lately so many TT adverts tempting me lol.

I reckon many people have a 'capped-off' price perception for the various specification Supes these days and just because it's a younger car does not necessarily change people’s price perception of what they should pay. A 1998 car is almost 11-12 years old so it still ain't young, and yep, all of our cars are getting old; sadly!!:(

what about having a TT transplant? like you said the car is in good condition and the year of the car is on your side.

regarding the pricing, its already been said. depends on a lot of factors, how much you expect, how much people are willing to pay, how many others are on the market.

i picked mine up in june 2006. mine is almost identical to yours and i paid a few hundred quid more than what you are asking for now :). i was lucky as the guy was desperate to sell it. if you are not in a rush then wait until you get the price you want for it.

what about having a TT transplant? like you said the car is in good condition and the year of the car is on your side.

regarding the pricing, its already been said. depends on a lot of factors, how much you expect, how much people are willing to pay, how many others are on the market.

i picked mine up in june 2006. mine is almost identical to yours and i paid a few hundred quid more than what you are asking for now :). i was lucky as the guy was desperate to sell it. if you are not in a rush then wait until you get the price you want for it.

Thanks for the advice mate. Well transplant is kinna a no go for me since the nearest garage that will do that is over 300 miles from me :( Besides, with the sale + a little bit of cash I could net me a TT but a transplant could cost 2k+

I'm in no hurry ;) Its just I saw some affordable TTs going up so I'm tempted.

Thanks for the advice mate. Well transplant is kinna a no go for me since the nearest garage that will do that is over 300 miles from me :( Besides, with the sale + a little bit of cash I could net me a TT but a transplant could cost 2k+

I'm in no hurry ;) Its just I saw some affordable TTs going up so I'm tempted.

In all honesty mate, I think you are looking at a minimum spend of 2k before you get the chance to sit in a TT Auto.

You may find yourself having to sell this for 4.5k and then chipping the rest in to achieve your goal. Either that or spend 2k+ on a transplant.

In all honesty mate, I think you are looking at a minimum spend of 2k before you get the chance to sit in a TT Auto.

You may find yourself having to sell this for 4.5k and then chipping the rest in to achieve your goal. Either that or spend 2k+ on a transplant.

hmmm true. However, if I somehow manage to shift this one for 5k there's a TT going for around 5990 ;)

Yeh, and from a bloke called Adam from Trade Cars in High Wycome I bet.

He seems to be our resident Supra Stalker!!

Rofl spot on mate. Right company although I'm not sure about bloke's name.

He has some nice manual TTs for sale too but the price is a bit high.

Any ideas about this company? Good?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.