The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mikes Project (miko_supra)

miko_supra

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't really thought of that tbh. The ps pump is mounted on it 2 other places so figured it would be ok.

I don't think I've heard of anyone not either reusing the pump or making a specific bracket. I personally would strip the pump & take the front cover off & refit that, it's the perfect bracket shape (well it is the OEM bracket) & weighs next to nothing

I went down to wheels in motion today, and what can I say! After a good hours spirited driving the car has definatly been transformed. Just take a look at the print out, it was a right mess before. The car feels nice and tight now and has filled me with allot more confidence in taking faster turns and putting the power down earlier on the exit.

Edited by miko_supra (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that will be a pig indeed if you have to try and fit the new clutch while scrabbling underneath the car. Is there no way you can raise the front and bring it out from there, or maybe from the rear if you remove one of the wheels and giggle it out the side?

Yeah that will be a pig indeed if you have to try and fit the new clutch while scrabbling underneath the car. Is there no way you can raise the front and bring it out from there, or maybe from the rear if you remove one of the wheels and giggle it out the side?

Got the new clutch on now any ways. Just having a brew before starting on mounting the box back up :)

The clutch job got finished over the weekend. The pedal needed adjusting a little but other than that its all fine!

Today I installed the bosch fuel pump. Some lovely zip ties to hold it on the hanger and I bought a 90 degree banjo fitting for a neater install of the fuel line.

looks awesome mate, can i ask why you want bodywork done? looks spotless to me. thumbs up

Cheers, It's got to be perfect :). the rear bumper has a glue on it I cant get off where the number plate surrounds used to be. The spoiler has paint chips near where it meets the body and the front end is just showing its age.

Rear bumper and rear spoiler removed today ready for the body shop on Tuesday.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk154/miko_clarko/109.jpg

I'm gonna do a little write up on how to do the rear bumper as I couldn't find a decent guide on the forum any where.

Not a bad job taking the bumper off is it, just all that trim in the boot you have to remove gets annoying. Oh and the screws on the bottom along the back of the fuel tank can be a nightmare. How were yours...?

Not a bad job taking the bumper off is it, just all that trim in the boot you have to remove gets annoying. Oh and the screws on the bottom along the back of the fuel tank can be a nightmare. How were yours...?

They were all fine tbh, didn't have any troubles.

They were all fine tbh, didn't have any troubles.

Ideal, I remember when I removed the rear bumper off my silver one for the trial rear to fit and I had to snap the lower bracket off due to the screws just spinning and not coming undone.