The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mikes Project (miko_supra)

miko_supra

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice transformation mate, what are your next plans on the weight saving?

I have a couple more items such as the aircon pump and a lightweight battery which should bring my total loss to around 100kg. After that it starts getting expensive and the sort of money that could go towards a single build, such as lexan glass and a carbon fibre boot lid. If I can get the car under 1400kg I will be happy as I should be close to 290/300bhp per tonne, with decent bpu power.

I have a couple more items such as the aircon pump and a lightweight battery which should bring my total loss to around 100kg. After that it starts getting expensive and the sort of money that could go towards a single build, such as lexan glass and a carbon fibre boot lid. If I can get the car under 1400kg I will be happy as I should be close to 290/300bhp per tonne, with decent bpu power.

Allright, yes was thinking the same as there is not much more to save on cheapish. Goodluck on the project Mike, will keep following it.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car back today from AFR. The fueling problem was down to a faulty fuel pressure regulator. All better now, and had a good 50 mile drive home. First time I have driven it sinse buying it all those months back, and I can safely say the diet the car went on certainly paid off, although still a few more bits to do! Dude even said it felt like it was BPU. I still have both Cats in and so far I have shed around 100kg.

I've been thinking for a while about going further than BPU in the summer, possibly hybrids or possibly just shedding even more weight off the car. But I have decided to go down the single route. Matt and Dude at AFR are helping me plan the project and they will be carrying out the full conversion. I'm going to go with a Boost logic Billet T67 turbo kit along with their Fuel kit. I bought a stage 2 Southbend clutch today to cope with the extra power, and I should hopefully be single in a couple of months!

Edited by miko_supra (see edit history)

Nice Mike.

With the diet you put your Supe on, it'll be damn fast :)

I need to get the car down on the weigh bridge too, just to see how much lighter it really is. Hopefully it should be near 1350kg once all of the sequential system is off. A nice 400bhp/tonne will do me just fine :eyebrows:

Great thread, great work, wicked lookin Supe.

Awesome work, Did you oven the lights?

Scotty

Ovened them up good 'n' proper! Gave the lenses a good rotary polish too although when the lights are on you can see allot of crazing so some new facelifts will be going on in the near future.