The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mikes Project (miko_supra)

miko_supra

New AFR gauge fitted

Old gear knob

And now my nice new one

My rear seat delete is now complete (Boot carpet is collapsed at the back as I'm missing the piece of polystyrene atm)

New front discs and goodridge hoses all round

Diff oil drained and refilled.

Edited by miko_supra (see edit history)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need someone to test out my car for me I think. I don't know if the brakes are feeling ok or not, my last supra had small J-specs and I'm not too sure If my UK's are good or not. I have new front discs, braided hoses, fresh 5.1 fluid, one of the front calipers is new and still has some uknown pads (came with the car) with plenty of life left in them.

They just don't seem to bite nicely like I would like them too.

I need someone to test out my car for me I think. I don't know if the brakes are feeling ok or not, my last supra had small J-specs and I'm not too sure If my UK's are good or not. I have new front discs, braided hoses, fresh 5.1 fluid, one of the front calipers is new and still has some uknown pads (came with the car) with plenty of life left in them.

They just don't seem to bite nicely like I would like them too.

pads can make a huge difference ... positive or negative.

Same pads that came with the car on the new discs. I will get around to getting some fast road pads on it too, I just want someone to let me know if they feel right or not.

Id say thats the problem, i dont mind testing them the weekend, ill be home all day sunday as working on my car.

Id get some performance friction pads on it.

Total amount of weight of the car now is 85kg, I still have the light weight battery to install which will be an extra 10kg saving, rear wiper and aeriel, both cats and the single turbo system will weigh less than the twin setup. So maybe 115-120kg total perhaps once it's complete. Will get it on a weigh bridge though to confirm once it's complete.

It's also booked into wheels in motion next Friday as the tracking and geo is all over the place.

Are you fitting the turbo yourself? And if so , as your really good at making them, fancy doing a "how to" :D

Really like you car Mike, i bet the weight off and whats left to come off will make a noticeable difference!

If you don't mind me asking but how much was the turbo kit and what ECU are you going with?

I'd love a t67 somewhere down the line after the conversion but I need to do alot of reading up on it! :)

Are you fitting the turbo yourself? And if so , as your really good at making them, fancy doing a "how to" :D

Really like you car Mike, i bet the weight off and whats left to come off will make a noticeable difference!

If you don't mind me asking but how much was the turbo kit and what ECU are you going with?

I'd love a t67 somewhere down the line after the conversion but I need to do alot of reading up on it! :)

The main part of fitting the kit is taking off the twin turbo system and there is already a write up for that, and there's loads of build threads that show where everything goes for a single install.

AFR are doing the work for me any way as I'm going to be moving house very shortly so I wont have the time to do it.

I'm going to be using a hks f-con piggy back for an ecu.