The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! My Supra got hit :(

jonathanc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see your bad luck Jonathan,hope you can get her repaired at reasonable cost,sometimes think it would be better having a scratched up old car with great mechanicals with all the ar**holes that are knocking about :(

Hehe yeah... I don't really drive the Sup much as well lol. Oh well, it's repairable one way or another ;)

Christ, it's a wing, if you can't afford to replace it, sell it to someone who can........please.

It's not a matter if I can or cannot replace it mate, I would prefer that someone come over and fix it in few hours (if possible ofc!) rather than leave my car with someone else for couple of days :(

Right, anyone here tried the Toyota dealership to get the wing? Figure that would be simpler since I don't really have to worry about courier.

2nd hand wing will be about £30-£50 depending on condition. Why not aim for a 2nd hand one in the same colour?

2nd hand wing will be about £30-£50 depending on condition. Why not aim for a 2nd hand one in the same colour?

Hmm well I did some googling and most second hand ones comes with either minor scratches or dents and it will most probably need repainting. Also not many people would courier it to you and its most prob collection only :(

I will be over the moon if I can get a mint one with the same colour for around that price mate. All I have to do is then replace the wing which I can do myself :D

dont let these money wasters fool you, thats is totally repairable, ...personally id sort that myself, its nothing big :)

obviously you have more money than common sence.

Firstly ignore the comments of people who clearly talk from the wrong orifice on the forum (as detailed above) and take the advice of long standing members who know what they are talking about there is always plenty on here willing to help.

So many breakers on here that will deliver a wing in the right colour and if the match is not as good as you want then a respray of a wing at the local body shop is about £80-£100. Best case scenario you get a good colour match and it costs you about £55 delivered worst case scenario add £100 for paint.

On a side note I am surprised that no one has jumped in with regard to 94import, is it just me that finds him rude and offensive?

About 94import

England - Buckinghamshire

Statistics

Total Posts

Total Posts: 21

Posts Per Day: 0.34

Find all posts by 94import

Find all threads started by 94import

General Information

Last Activity: Yesterday 18:12

Friends

94import has not made any friends yet

now that's a surprise!

yeah michael i understand that, but 9 times out of 10 the repair the dent masters do stand out like a sore thumb.. most of us on here are perfectionists when it comes to there car and also being in the bodywork trade WHY opt for that sort of repair to be done, when one of the cheapest routes is to use one of our breaker guys on here to source a perfectly good wing and then get it prepared and painted for as much as £80-£100

Why are you googling? Whats wrong with the guys that break cars on here?

You like to choose the hard way don't you ;)

Well I wanted to do some research first before really asking chaps here :p

Went to a few places today and I think I will try out Dents8. It's 70 quid to have the whole thing fixed and up to 200 if it needs painting. Saw some examples there and it's pretty impressive.

Anyway, I will have to speak with the guy that actually does the job to see what happens.

I went to a bodyshop as well and the guy told me there's a chance that I might have to spray the bonnet and the door as well to match up the wing. The bodyshop guy quoted me roughly £300 for the job :(

I will be over the moon if it could be sorted for £100 to be honest but at the moment I haven't found the place to do that yet :(

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to skimp on anything I just want to know all the options out there!

Edited by jonathanc (see edit history)

So many breakers on here that will deliver a wing in the right colour and if the match is not as good as you want then a respray of a wing at the local body shop is about £80-£100. Best case scenario you get a good colour match and it costs you about £55 delivered worst case scenario add £100 for paint.

Ahh, just read through this. How should I go about sourcing the wing with the matching colour? I am not very sure what colour is my car...:blush: Is it called Gunmetal?

Also how easy is it to remove and replace the wing? I don't really have a lot of tools around and I'm not what you call very pro in these things.

Sorry for all the noob questions :blush:

Edited by jonathanc (see edit history)