The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! My Supra got hit :(

jonathanc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not yet,cant make up my mind what i want ,need to make up my mind soon, my son bought a type r so i'm losing the micra since he's trading it in :D

Hehe, he finally bought the Civic? Is your son the one driving the Volvo?

If you can afford it, why not try the 350z. Try to get the one with the GT pack though. I saw an orange one parked next to me it looks alright but its slightly smaller than the Sup.

Hehe, he finally bought the Civic? Is your son the one driving the Volvo?

If you can afford it, why not try the 350z. Try to get the one with the GT pack though. I saw an orange one parked next to me it looks alright but its slightly smaller than the Sup.

Did some research on z owners site they seem to be prone to a few failures,drive shafts,clutches and window mechanism's,one guy was quoted over £500 for new window motor and mechanism,so don,t think i'll go that route.:search:

Ahh, just read through this. How should I go about sourcing the wing with the matching colour? I am not very sure what colour is my car...:blush: Is it called Gunmetal?

Also how easy is it to remove and replace the wing? I don't really have a lot of tools around and I'm not what you call very pro in these things.

Sorry for all the noob questions :blush:

First thing I would do if I were you would be post in the parts wanted for a wing in your colour in good condition and also check with people like Keron on the forum by sending them a pm. Also check parts for sale to see what cars are there that are being broken for parts. It will be easy to source a wing getting the right colour might take a bit longer.

The wings are easy to remove and replace so you wont have any issues there.

I went to a bodyshop as well and the guy told me there's a chance that I might have to spray the bonnet and the door as well to match up the wing. The bodyshop guy quoted me roughly £300 for the job :(

dead horse............flogging:p

This way there is a comeback if the colour doesn't match perfectly, all depends on how fussy you are.

First thing I would do if I were you would be post in the parts wanted for a wing in your colour in good condition and also check with people like Keron on the forum by sending them a pm. Also check parts for sale to see what cars are there that are being broken for parts. It will be easy to source a wing getting the right colour might take a bit longer.

The wings are easy to remove and replace so you wont have any issues there.

Thanks for the advice mate. I have alraedy posted in the wanted section. I think a member is selling is wing as well but its black. I will wait few days to see if there's any in my colour.

Really giving up on the dent repairer route to be honest. A few of them took 3 days to get back to me and just said no. One more said will call me today (morning) but still haven't heard! I can't even contact him.

Oh, anyone could point me out to a thread on how to remove front wing please? I did a search and can't seem to find any :blush:

Thanks for the advice mate. I have alraedy posted in the wanted section. I think a member is selling is wing as well but its black. I will wait few days to see if there's any in my colour.

Really giving up on the dent repairer route to be honest. A few of them took 3 days to get back to me and just said no. One more said will call me today (morning) but still haven't heard! I can't even contact him.

Oh, anyone could point me out to a thread on how to remove front wing please? I did a search and can't seem to find any :blush:

Do you need to remove the front bumper to get the wing off? IIRC they join but i can't be sure.

If so the wing is a canter to get off. You would probably need a guide for the front bumper though.

Do you need to remove the front bumper to get the wing off? IIRC they join but i can't be sure.

If so the wing is a canter to get off. You would probably need a guide for the front bumper though.

Hmm, from visually looking at it, I don't think I will need to remove the bumper but I am not sure.

I found 2-3 nuts holding the wing but I'm not sure where the rest of them are so hopefully there's a guide for removing the wing as well... :blush:

yeah I'm a noob :(

Stock bumper uses a bracket on either side where it mates with the wing. What i can't remember is whether the bracket loops through the wing, or whether the wing is seperate.

Thinking about it from an engineering point of view I think the wing will have holes and the bumper bracket will go through those holes as well as the shell of the body.

Depending how flexible the bumper is at the corners, you MAY be able to get the wing out without removing the bumper (just undo the bracket from inside the arch and pull it out the way). I would ask someone who has tried this first though, don't want to add a cracked bumper to the list.

Stock bumper uses a bracket on either side where it mates with the wing. What i can't remember is whether the bracket loops through the wing, or whether the wing is seperate.

Thinking about it from an engineering point of view I think the wing will have holes and the bumper bracket will go through those holes as well as the shell of the body.

Depending how flexible the bumper is at the corners, you MAY be able to get the wing out without removing the bumper (just undo the bracket from inside the arch and pull it out the way). I would ask someone who has tried this first though, don't want to add a cracked bumper to the list.

Aye, did a search in this forum and can't seem to find any relevant information on this yet :search: