The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cars been hit

mikeyb10supra

Anyone remember this thread I posted a while back??

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=196016

Yesterday while I was out a freind of his hit the side of my car when it was parked and tried to call for me but I was in bed and didnt hear him. I now have to deal with the guy mentioned in my thread above which im not to happy about as I feel he is going to be difficult about things. Is there anything I can do if the guy wont give me his freinds details so I cant make a claim on his insurance?

If the friend has tried to make contact it's a good sign. Go and talk to him, ask for contact details and if there's any justice in the world, he'll give them to you. Don't have any preconceptions or expectations of a negative response as that will show in your body language and could be picked up subconciously, thus affecting the conversation.

Good luck

K.

Well, I guess the law is on your side regarding getting the other guy's details. Whether the police will actually want to get involved (should you need to ask them to) is another matter. The way I can see them possibly wiggling out is by denying your neighbour's friend had anything to do with the car being hit.

You could speak to your insurer, explain the situation to them perhaps. I'd still give your neighbour a knock first, keep it civil but business-like, you're not going round for a chat and a cuppa.

PS what kind of damage has been done?

If the friend has tried to make contact it's a good sign. Go and talk to him, ask for contact details and if there's any justice in the world, he'll give them to you. Don't have any preconceptions or expectations of a negative response as that will show in your body language and could be picked up subconciously, thus affecting the conversation.

Good luck

K.

Thats the thing, I wished I had been in when he knocked as I would rather have dealt with it on the spot rather than deal with the guy downstairs who in my opinion is a pain

Well, I guess the law is on your side regarding getting the other guy's details. Whether the police will actually want to get involved (should you need to ask them to) is another matter. The way I can see them possibly wiggling out is by denying your neighbour's friend had anything to do with the car being hit.

You could speak to your insurer, explain the situation to them perhaps. I'd still give your neighbour a knock first, keep it civil but business-like, you're not going round for a chat and a cuppa.

PS what kind of damage has been done?

I have a witness as well as next door were there when it happened. I went down and spoke to the guy earlier and he reluctant to give me his freinds number but said he would call him and get him to come over later tonight so sort things....heres hoping. Im not sure where I stand if he doesn't come over and the guy downstairs doesn't give me his freinds details

Its not majorly bad, just split the paint on the passenger door and dented it slightly

Thats the thing, I wished I had been in when he knocked as I would rather have dealt with it on the spot rather than deal with the guy downstairs who in my opinion is a pain

How do you know he tried to get in touch with you? Left a note? Another neighbour told you?

I have a witness as well as next door were there when it happened. I went down and spoke to the guy earlier and he reluctant to give me his freinds number but said he would call him and get him to come over later tonight so sort things....heres hoping. Im not sure where I stand if he doesn't come over and the guy downstairs doesn't give me his freinds details.

Well surely hitting your car is classed as an accident, so the guy's mate is responsible for the damage. If your neightbour won't give you the details, then isn't that perversion of justice or something similar? (Can someone else clarify this?)

If they out right deny it, then you have an indipendant witness, so they can't get out fo it now.

How do you know he tried to get in touch with you? Left a note? Another neighbour told you?

Well surely hitting your car is classed as an accident, so the guy's mate is responsible for the damage. If your neightbour won't give you the details, then isn't that perversion of justice or something similar? (Can someone else clarify this?)

If they out right deny it, then you have an indipendant witness, so they can't get out fo it now.

Sorry....I was in bed asleep when it happened as ive been off work with tonsilitis and didnt hear the bell go, but my neighbor said the guy was upset and tried to knock a few times