The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modern Warfare 2 - Best place to buy from

Matt H

Yes that's me, ha it's nothing special, I always ride alone so photos and films are very limited.

It's a very impressive picture!

There's always one thing that I've never understood about that sort of stuff though: considering how dangerous it is, why doesn't riders ever wear knee and / or elbow pads?! :D

I don't have any real photos or videos of my sport either :( Always something I regretted not getting done now I've had to give it up.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trials is all done quite slow so you rarely get knee and elbow cuts/grazes. Shins and head are the common ones!

Man this game actually looks really good now! Maybe I was looking into it too soon before when some things were still being decided to go in the game or not.

I'll have to add some of you guys.

PC pal, what first person shooters were made for.

Whilst the PC platform may arguably be the best for FPS games due to its superior accuracy with the mouse/keyboard combo (not to mention higher spec), the actual MW2 for the PC has been so dumbed down you're basically paying full whack for a very short single player experience that is quite frankly an XBOX 360 port.

The MP experience is based on a peer-to-peer network structure like most console games, which isnt suited to FPS games where minimal latency is a priority.

Here's some facts about MW2 on the PC (and consoles):

- no console

- no leaning

- no record function like cod 5

- no Mods

- no Dedicated Servers

- game has to be played as stock/default (unless you buy IW DLC)

- MP supports maximum 18 players (9v9)

- MP game will pause for 5 seconds when host migration occurs.

http://undead.mygameclan.com/user/244066/gallery/432282/features.jpg

You just have to head over to the Infinity Ward MW2 PC forums to see how much contempt they have shown to the PC community, their devs also come across as arrogant console fanboys.

Alot of buyers on the PC platform are going to be in for a shock.

As for console gamers, its probably worth the money since most of the above isnt in a console game to begin with, and since few console games use dedicated servers for low-latency gameplay, they all think pings of 100+ms is acceptable.

If you dont think modding is important, your missing out on great FREE extras such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNpVrrELDM. Its also worth noting that several features of MW2 have been taken from community mods (ie: AC130/Tactical Nuke perks)

Well D-Day is tomorrow. Any last minute gems?

Think I'm going to hold out to see what my local tescos prices it at.

Can't access that link at work, but I notice it says xbox and compare prices.

What's it coming up with? Can you do the same for PS3?

I went into HMV at lunch to see how much they would be selling the game for on Tues.

After informing me that the price would be a respectful (for a high street outlet) £44, they then enquired as to whether I'd be interested in purchasing the special edition version…

For £120, you get the game, some other pointless junk…. and a pair of night vision goggles!! I was actually strangely tempted by the prospect of the goggles, but they wouldn’t open the box for me to try them on, so had I to turn that one down. I'd have been gutted if they turned out to be junk.

I went into HMV at lunch to see how much they would be selling the game for on Tues.

After informing me that the price would be a respectful (for a high street outlet) £44, they then enquired as to whether I'd be interested in purchasing the special edition version…

For £120, you get the game, some other pointless junk…. and a pair of night vision goggles!! I was actually strangely tempted by the prospect of the goggles, but they wouldn’t open the box for me to try them on, so had I to turn that one down. I'd have been gutted if they turned out to be junk.

I heard that they had already completely sold out of them through pre-orders!!

Matt you should buy it mate and then sell it on ebay as i bet you'll get some tit wanting to pay a couple of hundred quid for it!!! ;)

I heard that they had already completely sold out of them through pre-orders!!

Matt you should buy it mate and then sell it on ebay as i bet you'll get some tit wanting to pay a couple of hundred quid for it!!! ;)

... You may have a point there! There probably will be a few hardcore fans interested in getting their hands on a copy of the special edition set, or just the goggles, at an inflated price.

If anyone is interested in the said idea, the shop was HMV (larger one of the two), on Market St, Manchester.

Might go back in. If all fails, at least I've got a set of Night vision goggles for when the electricity fails at home :D

He ordered it from tesco direct and it came today just seen the pic she sent but she says he can't have it till his bday which is the 10th lol.

I've just thought: If his missus goes onto the streest today (not like that), I reckon she could get over well over £100 from some geek desperate to play it before release.

I know there were a few people in manc this lunch that would have easily given that much for a playable copy today.