The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modern Warfare 2 - Best place to buy from

Matt H

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I see a good deal, I will be sure to report back :)

I suspect others may be scouting the t'interweb as we speak, and will hopefully post up their respective deals and save us all some cash soon.

Or you might just get a bunch sarcastic/mildly abusive replies questioning your sexuality?

If I see a good deal, I will be sure to report back :)

I suspect others may be scouting the t'interweb as we speak, and will hopefully post up their respective deals and save us all some cash soon.

Sounds like a good idea. My local tesco usually has the best prices on games, but you only find out when they are released.

So far the best on-line i've found is Toys R Us at £39.99, but there is a fiver delivery on top of that. I'm wondering if their in-store price will be the same?

Best deal I found including del. is trusty old amazon at £43.99, but if you want it on the 10th you wont get it at that price.

I'm limited at work because most sites related to games are blocked so it's hard to search.

I'm wondering which shops will have the best prices though.

Or you might just get a bunch sarcastic/mildly abusive replies questioning your sexuality?

It's a distinct possibility Mike.

AFAIK Game are selling it for £55 for the normal copy on Xbox and PS3!

£55 for a game is ridiculous. I wouldn't pay that much out of principle.

Asda living normal sell there xbox games for £37.99 so i will be going there first

Tesco do the same, but the price of MW2 has been artificially inflated by the producers so I'm wondering if the price on the shelves at the supermarkets will reflect this.

£55 for a game is ridiculous. I wouldn't pay that much out of principle.

N64 games were at that price or more (even more in today's money).

Tesco do the same, but the price of MW2 has been artificially inflated by the producers so I'm wondering if the price on the shelves at the supermarkets will reflect this.

You might be right - supermarkets sell some things at a loss hoping you buy other things (this tactic is used for low fuel prices).

N64 games were at that price or more (even more in today's money).

Indeed they were. I remember walking into beaties (them were the days), to find Mortal Kombat Trilogy was £70!! or £69.99 to be pricise. Insane. Nintendos biggest mistake in the console wars was their pricing with the N64

You might be right - supermarkets sell some things at a loss hoping you buy other things (this tactic is used for low fuel prices).

Aye, but they usually end up selling the really cheap every day stuff even cheaper to make sure you come back in each day. We will just have to see on the 10th I quess.

I've often found google shopping to be an uncomprehensive list that doesn't usually give you the best deals. I've search google shopping on at least 2 occasions now to find that when I did a normal search I found it cheaper via a weblink rather than the shopping list.

This is the biggest game of the year (it has it's own 'blast zone' in terms of release date), so I would expect a full-on price war when it comes out.

If a retailer is going to shift units, they're going to have to go insane to undercut each other. I would fully expect to see this at around £35 mark for supermarkets like Tesco and Asda - if the supply is there.. which it dam well will be :D

I was told by Game that the producers stuc £10 on top of the retail price because of the success of COD 4!

Its rather greedy but it obviously hasnt put anybody off as its one of the most pre-ordered games in history apparantly and it personally wont stop me buying it as i want it :)

I was told by Game that the producers stuc £10 on top of the retail price because of the success of COD 4!

Its rather greedy but it obviously hasnt put anybody off as its one of the most pre-ordered games in history apparantly and it personally wont stop me buying it as i want it :)

They certainly have. I won't be buying it at anything over £45 max. If I can get it for £35 like Mike reckons that I'll hold out for that I think.

Greedy developers aren't taking my pennies! :D

AFAIK Game are selling it for £55 for the normal copy on Xbox and PS3!

WHAT? i though the legal limit to sell 1 CD is £50......im getting it form game as i always go there and the the points lucky enough i play 1st person shooters on PC so it will be around £35 - £45......game play seem to be good prices mate!