The mkiv Supra Owners Club

well its time to getout of the supra scene ...

michel lane

In a way I love mine but the image isn't what I had expected. You never see any around here, I get as many compliments, jaw dropping admiring looks but on the road I get such an awful amount of chavs having a pop for a race in Corsa's, VXRs, Subaru's, Evo's, Civic Type R's, Range Rovers etc its surreal.

I do wish I'd bought an AMG E55K now instead of a childhood dream. But everytime I consider heading over to a dealer the way the car attracts attention and its very nicely rounded performance and capabilities as a mind blowing GT make me hang onto it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way I love mine but the image isn't what I had expected. You never see any around here, I get as many compliments, jaw dropping admiring looks but on the road I get such an awful amount of chavs having a pop for a race in Corsa's, VXRs, Subaru's, Evo's, Civic Type R's, Range Rovers etc its surreal.

I do wish I'd bought an AMG E55K now instead of a childhood dream. But everytime I consider heading over to a dealer the way the car attracts attention and its very nicely rounded performance and capabilities as a mind blowing GT make me hang onto it.

Well said mate! :)

Wouldn't call a totally stock UK Spec a boy racer car, but as has been said, if you can get a tin for £2k, then the chav market have been at it for years.

I agree there are many poor examples out there and the Soop has followed the usual M3 / RS Turbo brigade. Mind you it would happen to a Noble, if they went down enough!

Mind you it would happen to a Noble, if they went down enough!

It already is. And Lotus is suffering from kiddies with Elises. No-one is exempt! Mercedes are looking at the same fate, same with Audi. The only cars that won't see this kind of attention in any noticeable way are exotica that undesirables can't afford to run. That's why I might buy a TVR next.

I have always loved TVRs. Tuscan is just gorgeous. Wouldn't be a daily driver, but one hell of a machine.

I get a lot of looks and people think the car is gorgeous. But then there are also children driving around that want to race - more often than not I wonder "is it because I am 26". When this car came out, only very wealthy people could afford it - the majority would be well over 26 years old. I bet they weren't challenged by Novas back then.

haha what a load of crap! Easy enough for a boy racer to buy one... do you think a boy racer can afford to run one!!??

That kind of proves my point really, they can afford to buy one but CAN NOT afford to run one so it gets neglected, run down and dressing in cheap parts

There is one just around the corner from me, if it was a dog it would have to be put down

There is one just around the corner from me, if it was a dog it would have to be put down

Nothing a jerry can full of jungle juice couldnt sort out, shame to see another one wasted though.

Ridiculous the cars in the list, the supra in the photo's engine cost, could prob buy half the list :rolleyes:

Nothing a jerry can full of jungle juice couldnt sort out, shame to see another one wasted though.

Ridiculous the cars in the list, the supra in the photo's engine cost, could prob buy half the list :rolleyes:

Jungle Juice? ehhhhhh?

Web definition: Racist term that refers to music which is performed by an African-American artist such as rap and hip-hop.

"Turn that jungle juice down"

If an unmolested very low mileage Supra ever gets to be worth this sort of money I'll be impressed. Whilst mint but maybe up on miles CSL Batmobiles make this sort of money all day long I am not sure if this isn't a BIT optimistic for a normal CSL, but it IS probably unique, and quite lovely. Sadly that money would buy a very decent Group A race CSL, and that would be my choice.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/74730