The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picked the new wheels - Advan RZs

jevansio

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed, they'll be on for next weekend!

Looking like Wed at the mo, I'll have to get 1 tyre on at a time as that's all I can fit in the '2 :D

Nice one, just need that turbo now, talking to Ryan a few days back and Owen developments (uk company) now stock all the garrett Billet turbos;)

The turbo is being sorted now, it's all ups & downs this week (I took Thursday off work due to it to get it sorted), but it shouldn;t be much longer now

If it's with Parcelforce and being held for a while, you can reclaim the "clearance fee",

I had an issue with Parcelforce and I've just done it by kicking up a shitstorm at their head office as have others.

Ok, its only £8, but its my £8.

What theyre doing is using that "fee" to cover administering the costs of paying HMRC the duty on the parcels.

However, theyre breaking the law by applying it PRIOR to delivery, holding your package to ransom and thats not allowed in law.

The fact that they do it off the bat without giving you the option of arranging another way to pay the VAT is all part of the scam.

Allow them to send you the ransom demand then quote the law at them.

They're not allowed to hold it and demand the fee, but they can deliver it and then ask for it.

However, they can only pursue you through county court if you told them to get screwed AFAIK.

According to section 104, 104, 83 and 84 of the Postal Services Act 2000:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00026--h.htm

It states there must be no intentional delay of your postal packet. HM C&E can obviously delay it to check contents and apply duty but after that the mail must be delivered promptly.

Parcelforce are breaking criminal law in sections 83 and 84 which state:

Interfering with the mail: postal operators

(1) A person who is engaged in the business of a postal operator commits an offence if, contrary to his duty and without reasonable excuse, he—

(a) intentionally delays or opens a postal packet in the course of its transmission by post, or

(b) intentionally opens a mail-bag.

They are also breaking criminal law under section 104 which states:

Inviolability of mails

(2) Anything to which this subsection applies shall have the same immunity from—

(a) examination, or seizure or detention, under a relevant power conferred by virtue of this Act or any other enactment,

(b) seizure under distress or in execution,

© in Scotland, any diligence, and

(d) retention by virtue of a lien,

In law, a lien is a form of security granted over an item of property to secure the payment of a debt or performance of some other obligation.

Claim it back, by emailing Lynn Gawthorpe ([email protected]) and making a stink about it.

Rushed back home today to these beauties :D

I love the colour much more than I thought I would, it's a bit difficult to tell there true colour under the artificial light, but they truly are stunning.

Packing was superb too, just need the tyres on now & I'll get them wacked on the car :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=100502&stc=1&d=1256751965

attachment.php?attachmentid=100503&stc=1&d=1256751965

attachment.php?attachmentid=100504&stc=1&d=1256751965

attachment.php?attachmentid=100505&stc=1&d=1256751965

attachment.php?attachmentid=100506&stc=1&d=1256752156

attachment.php?attachmentid=100507&stc=1&d=1256752156

attachment.php?attachmentid=100508&stc=1&d=1256752156

attachment.php?attachmentid=100509&stc=1&d=1256752156

Img_4478.jpg

Img_4477.jpg

Img_4476.jpg

Img_4479.jpg