OEM skirts or stock?

Homer

OEM skirts, stock or other?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. OEM skirts, stock or other?

• Keep the Veilside spats & add OEM skirts
    • Remove the Veilside spats & keep it stock
    • Something else (see below)

facelift looms and indicators.........is that easy to do?

Yeah it's easy to do and on the cards, still not sure if side repeaters are needed as the facelift ones have the reflectors to fullfill the MOT req's. Might need to start another thread on this !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Chris :)

The mesh and cutout are done perfectly (and I've VERY fussy about things like this!). The paint on them is like new and the area behind the cutout has been painted so there's nothing unsightly behind them.

The only downside is there are no side indicators which I beleive are required for the MOT (and an obvious safety issue on the road).

I'd say leave them, they aren't too in your face, and they add a bit of Ferrari GTO to it :)

I got spats, then the side looked bare so I got oem skirts... now the front lip looks bare.... I can't take it any more!

Lip on a stock spoiler or new nose.... where does it end Darryl :search:

My philosophy is to not let it begin (this time) :D

Apart from performance mods, but that's a lot less stress and a lot more rewarding ;)

Stefan- your car looks great! Not sure I could get rid of the shopping trolley handle on the back, I love the stock spoiler.

Thanks.

I agree. Thats why, when I got my hatch painted anyway to remove wiper, washer, logos and so, that I only removed the 2 holes for the plastic studs in the spoiler. I left the 4 for the screws there and just found some very small rubber caps that I have painted with toyota 199 color. When going to the Ring two weeks from now down the autobahn, I wouldn't want to be without the spoiler. Hey, it's there for a reason.

I think its a good compromise.