The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Methods of stopping people nicking your valve caps!

RobD

i got some from halfords where the outsides just spin when you try and turn them. Need a special key to take them off.

I had some of these and the little f***ers still had two of them away.

I think after a time the spinny bit stops working as well and they can then just be unscrewed.

Hired Goons

^ Great idea, Ill do it for a modest fee. Boring plastic ones are the only real solution to this. You can get locking ones, which wont come off without a fair bit of force/ tools. My concern with those would be, if a kid is intent on nicking the caps, then gets down there and realises he cant, isnt he just going to do something else to the car so he can be the man infront of his chav mates? Either way, they deserve to die, even if it is just valve caps.

i got some from halfords where the outsides just spin when you try and turn them. Need a special key to take them off.

I've also got these and they're very good quality!..

I think the antitheft ones with the grubscrew are still prone to seizing on. I've had no problems with these so far & it also stops people letting your tires down for a joke :)

Here they are;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RICHBROOK-Wheel-tyre-Valve-anti-theft-dust-caps-TITANIU_W0QQitemZ220465619039QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_trims_Valve_Caps_ET?hash=item3354c6605f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

;)

TBH mate I wouldn't bother with grub screws etc etc. IMO you'd be best just chancing it with a cheapo set, I.E from poundland, I'd rather let the little bastards have the valve caps then risk them using force (I.E plyers etc.) to remove them and risk damaging my wheels :(

Guest rvandepeer

Halfords sell chrome valve caps that when fitted to the valve they spin round when you try to undo them. A little spigot key comes with the chrome valve caps, this needs to used to undo the caps, £12:99 Halfords.

I have also had some chrome valve caps nicked in the past but since fitting these from Halfords still on my car. Hope this is helpful, good luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Friggin little shits just nicked mine! After my sister caught one earlier this week! I live in a private estate...they saw the car & thought it might have them on. I am going to Halfords to get these as the plastic ones look shyte! Then when I see a bike with my 9 Caret old dust caps going to take it off & slap him round the head!

I was thinking along similar lines. You are a bit to sympathetic though, i was thinking of the stuff bruce willis used in the jackal.

That'll do the trick!

You have point Scott, infact when I found them I might still them down & pull out their teeth with rusty

appliers which had been wee'd on by the cat!

Knowing me I'll still just slap them around the head... the last time I did that had to go to court though :rolleyes:

Ahh, you didn't slap them hard enough.

A, erm, friend of mine got fed up with the teens kicking the shit out of his homer simpson inflatable (the christmas one) so one night when he heard them coming he went out the back door and ran round the front. It was chilly so he wore a nice warm hat with holes for the eyes, to keep the face warm, and gave the young chaps a swift talking to.

Homer never got touched after that. Its all about the way you say it ;)

I had some chrome caps on my S2000. It was parked outside on the drive while my garage was being built. I was sat in my living room and saw 4 lads suddenly surround the car and bend down at all 4 corners. I got my dog and opened the door, I shouted at them and released the dog. He chased them off down the road, one of them fell over and started pleading with me and crying.

Funnily enough, them caps remained on the car to the day I sold it :D

I think this is brilliant! hahaha