The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dan (pistonbroke) body kit project.

SUPRALOOPY

After a bit of fettling the rear spats were looking ok, I was happy with the offside one but as you can see the nearside seems to be not long enough to meet the join with rear bumper. Although they now fit alot better than when I got them. The aerial hole is now done and the front bumper is ready for fitting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=97993&stc=1&d=1252096293

attachment.php?attachmentid=97994&stc=1&d=1252096293

attachment.php?attachmentid=97995&stc=1&d=1252096293

attachment.php?attachmentid=97996&stc=1&d=1252096293

attachment.php?attachmentid=97997&stc=1&d=1252096293

attachment.php?attachmentid=97998&stc=1&d=1252096293

attachment.php?attachmentid=97999&stc=1&d=1252096293

dans project 056.jpg

dans project 057.jpg

dans project 058.jpg

dans project 059.jpg

dans project 060.jpg

dans project 061.jpg

dans project 062.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brilliant work Dave, thats the one area of the car that I've been unsure of on choices until now.

I was never sure about what rear would go with the rest of the kit. I toy'd with the trial rear option, then got quickly put off by several members about fitting issues with it.

Then I thought about the stock look and toyota ones, but again, really wanted to get something that not a lot of people have. So sgain, plumped for the Ridox option. I was a bit concerned when you were offering them up to the car and seeing how pissed they were (especially when I paid a good price for them), but clearly, you have the skills to pay the bills :D

I have now got the front bumper fitting well. As you can see I have fabricated and moulded in the fixings. Dan was VERY concerned about the egdes sticking out an not lining up with wings (what do you think now Dan?). The bonnet gap is not bad either it just needs lifting up a bit. The backend is off because the bumper is getting some attention too:)

dans car 001.jpg

dans car 002.jpg

dans car 003.jpg

dans car 004.jpg

dans car 005.jpg

dans car 006.jpg

dans car 007.jpg

dans car 008.jpg

dans car 009.jpg

dans car 010.jpg

dans car 011.jpg

dans car 012.jpg

awesome work going on there, one question, when you go down to bare metal (ariel area) do you just apply a normal primer? or anything special to seal it against rust?

When at bare metal you will use a filler, then you would use an etch primer then a highbuild primer. as long as the area is clean you will not get rust. I will be protecting it at the back though with a brushed rust beater coat and then waxoil.

HTH

Dave:)

I have now got the front bumper fitting well. As you can see I have fabricated and moulded in the fixings. Dan was VERY concerned about the egdes sticking out an not lining up with wings (what do you think now Dan?). The bonnet gap is not bad either it just needs lifting up a bit. The backend is off because the bumper is getting some attention too:)

now your just showing off!! :p

awesome work dave :thumbs:

Is that what I think it is up there in pic #2!? My precious front lip! :D I really wanna get that back on, my car looks arse without it :(

Keep up the good work there Dave, all is looking great!:)

Is that what I think it is up there in pic #2!? My precious front lip! :D I really wanna get that back on, my car looks arse without it :(

Keep up the good work there Dave, all is looking great!:)

Yes Dani it is (have you noticed its all in one peice:p) Thats going in primer with some of Dan's stuff very soon;)

Well all I can say is WTF. I do have to ask if the people who make/sell these ever hold them up or try the fitment. I know there will be some issues with fitting such body kits but ffs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=98172&stc=1&d=1252517859

attachment.php?attachmentid=98173&stc=1&d=1252517859

attachment.php?attachmentid=98174&stc=1&d=1252517859

attachment.php?attachmentid=98175&stc=1&d=1252517859

attachment.php?attachmentid=98176&stc=1&d=1252517859

I almost threw the towl in with these. But after alot of fettling I got to the almost stage I'm still going to have to remould the sides to make it look any good as the gaps are ....well you can see.:blink: Oh and I have a tempramental flash on the camera:rolleyes:

dans car 017.jpg

dans car 025.jpg

dans car 026.jpg

dans car 021.jpg

dans car 024.jpg

This goes to show the reason why copy kits appear to be such good value, the prep etc involved is amazing, I am sure you will get it looking mint Dave, you managed to work wonders on my cars but it does make you think sticking with OEM is the way to go

Wonder if te kit will seem good value with all the labour added (even though this is where Dave usually pick up some of the pain) ;)

Jeez Dave, what a mare!!

Hopefully the TRD spoiler should fit a bit better :)

I must say it's looking good in the last pic though, I'm really looking forward to see it all come together.

Edit - I like the gratuitous glimpses of my new Rotas in the background of some of the pics, :D I bloody love those wheels.

Edited by pistonbroke (see edit history)

Yeah those wheels are giving me nightmares..I move them and then hope they don't fall over..lol. The car will all come together nicely, This thread is for you and to show that body kits, fake or gunuine are not just buy and bolt it. I hope this will open a few eyes and make people think very hard before going off stock looks. I did the vailside blended look and the sides alone took 50 hours to get right and blended. It does look good but be prepared to pay for that look. oh and don't then ram it into a tree at XX leptons as I did.