Dan (pistonbroke) body kit project.

SUPRALOOPY

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting dave... were the bumpers fresh out when you flatted them hence why your leaving then to drive?

After flatting the top is soft, so leaving it overnight will make it go hard again. You can then hit it hard with compound. Remember I do not have an oven but I do have central heating in my workshop;) so its down to what works for me.

i dont doubt that at all mate! do some superb work :thumbs: ive been in so many back street garages and to be honest mate im thinking of going back.. its all good working for a big firm with all the special gizmo's and stuff BUT right now, with the industry on its arse back streets will benefit from it. Theres far to much paperwork and procedures you have to follow rather than just doing the job and its becoming annoying.

Had a convo with 1 of the lads at work today and by just having a small little set up like yours and 1 ramp, if you do 3 or 4 clutches a week for about £250 each you can make a decent living. At the minute with all the legal procedures at work and insurance companys not paying out the right amount of hours to do the job properly and make some good bonus you find yourself grafting your tits off and make only slight gains on your wage every week. If only i was closer to essex :innocent:

Today I polished the front bumper and did all the wiring for the facelift lights. I could not resist putting it together quickly for a final fitment test, although there a couple of things I'm going sort out. Please take no notice of the gap from bumper to bonnet as that will be done last. I also tried to take a pic to show the final finish (the dark ones) as the silver does not show it up in pictures. I hope you like it Dan ;).

attachment.php?attachmentid=98629&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98630&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98631&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98632&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98633&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98634&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98635&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98636&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98637&stc=1&d=1253293720

attachment.php?attachmentid=98638&stc=1&d=1253293720

dans car 054.jpg

dans car 055.jpg

dans car 056.jpg

dans car 057.jpg

dans car 058.jpg

dans car 059.jpg

dans car 060.jpg

dans car 061.jpg

dans car 062.jpg

dans car 063.jpg

To be honest Dave I'm not overly impressed! I dont see any half naked women on the walls!:p

The workmanship and quality of what you've done with the front bumper, skirts and spats however, is excellant mate.:)

I don't do that because I have female customers and I doubt they like looking at all that. Pics of cars and stuff is enough.:p

I don't do that because I have female customers and I doubt they like looking at all that. Pics of cars and stuff is enough.:p

You should have a classy pic or two of yourself then mate for when the ladies come round:D

Seriously though, good point you make.

Dave,

In what manner did you do the Bumper mate?? My car is in the shop now for a BMW carbon black respray, but the only thing im worried about is stone chips and wear and tear.

Did you put more hardener in it to stop this happening??

It does not matter how hard the paint is a stone hitting paintwork at anything over 20mph is going to chip it. Also you can't add more hardener as its a precise mix although you can put a bit of rocket (accelorator) in to make it go off quicker.;)