The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice : Supras on VERY long journeys.....

Holden1989

Don't take Robs car until the injectors are changed, Ryan has mapped it and Rob has given it a good shake down run (a good hundreds miles on a single journey)

It's been stood for too long to go right out and drive it to scotland.

If it weren't for the issues in the past it'd be absolutely fine. I've done Newcastle and back again in a single turbo supra without issue (12 hours straight, not driven lightly either!)

No comment ;) It's only that you seemed to hint that the trip was fairly soon :D The car still needs some work to get it finished, but once it's done it should be absolutely fine.

sept/october time, should have suprapod/japshow/JAE to run in the car before it goes, you never know, we may even get away for my birthday.... :taped:

Interesting thread :)

I have driven from here to Bristol, stopping in total for about an hour, and come back doing the same the day after - about 1400 miles - and if you keep it at a staedy speed, any steady speed, but 95 leps suited fine, the consumption ain't bad at all

I noticed this today. I came back from York and got to the M60 with minimal fuel loss, maybe doing close to 80 leps the whole way. Then I was stuck in M60 traffic for 45 minutes and burnt through twice the fuel, stop starting and maxing at 40 :(

Still, door to door was 30 minutes quicker than the smelly train.

As for the supra? It's a GT car - designed for this kind of thing. Do it!

My TT is a perfect mix between the Volvo C70 (uber comfy) and the 996T. Combines the comfort of the Volvo with the near enough performance of the 996T......

The previous owner of my TT used to go on european trips in the Supra without issues. I only use mine for motorway journeys and its superb, very comfortable for such a sports car and effortless at the same time.