The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mascrat 13th July 09

Matt H

that's all well and good, but this is at least the 3rd time I've been told the managment has changed and they are committed to the meet, more staff will be put on etc etc. It never changes it's always the same and people either can't get in or don't get fed.

Personally I don't think I'll go again but would prob go along to an other venue for our own monthly meet :)

You've been told by who? mascrat had the old manager and now the new one. Things will get better, stick with it :)

Paul.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, it really sounds like a waste of fuel though.

Things will get better, stick with it :)

Dude, this isn't a marriage!

We should bail and have a meet somewhere that people actually want to go, no? At least when we were turned away for coffee at the Trafford Centre there were 4 other outlets within 1 minutes walk... and they had rocky roads.

I must say, it really sounds like a waste of fuel though.

If we had a decent alterantive i'd agree, but we don't.

If Jap NW are still going to Mascrat then that's where the cars will be.

It's all well and good having your 4 supras in a car park meet, but that's not what the main monthly meet should be all about.

If JapNW go somewhere else i'm with that, but if they're sticking there then there's not much else unless someone takes it upon themselves to start up another "main" meet. And considering this Mascrat problem has been going on for over 6 months and nothing has come up then....

Sure, but so many people are complaining about not getting food and things like that...

I'm out*
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif

*I know that's no real loss.

We have discussed a decent alternative either the Ribble Pilot or the Wiggin Tree and maybe alternating each one.

You weren't at the meet when this was discussed!

Maybe it's time for Paul to re-think Mascrat as the promises the management have made obviously aren't being stood by.

It's all well and good having your 4 supras in a car park meet, but that's not what the main monthly meet should be all about.

It is nice to see other cars but generally do we not all arrive together, stand together and pretty much keep ourselves to ourselves?

If so we can do that anywhere...preferably somewhere we can get fed.

If JapNW go somewhere else i'm with that, but if they're sticking there then there's not much else unless someone takes it upon themselves to start up another "main" meet. And considering this Mascrat problem has been going on for over 6 months and nothing has come up then....

As above we have discussed it but you weren't there.

I understand what you are saying in that it is nice to be involved with the jap northwest group and it's a shame that we don't want to attend anymore but you haven't been there the numerous times we have been turned away and it's pretty much the straw that broke the camels back the last time.

We have all given this meet numerous chances and I really wanted it to work but something is going wrong.

We have discussed a decent alternative either the Ribble Pilot or the Wiggin Tree and maybe alternating each one.

These are awesome names, to boot.

Much better than Mascrat. I mean, it has scrat in the name.

Scrat:

Scrat\, n. [Cf. AS. scritta an hermaphrodite, Ir. scrut a scrub, a low, mean person, Gael. sgrut, sgruit, an old, shriveled person.] An hermaphrodite.

An ugly girl that tries to look by wearing loads of make up and short skirts. Often referred to as a cake-face.

Guys,

We've tried moving the meet twice now and we get the same problem wherever we go. The other thing is that we need to keep it central for all members to attend, you forget some people come from birmingham, others from blackpool, others more local.

It's not as easy as just moving location. i'm working with the management and I've asked for them to have more staff on Monday - when I have a reply I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Paul.

What about Guys Court (Owd Nells) http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.co.uk/

I know that Jap Northwest used to have meets at the weekend, and possibly still do. They have a large car park and its not far from the Motorway. Also serve food?

I guess its a bit tricky getting down the slope at the entrence for some people, but there seems to be a good turn out when I have been to the Jap meets at weekends.

Just a thought. :)

But there are some awesome, new members right? :D

Can you introduce me to some? :search: :D

You can't beat the classics unfortuneatly. :(

:D

What about Guys Court (Owd Nells) http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.co.uk/

I know that Jap Northwest used to have meets at the weekend, and possibly still do. They have a large car park and its not far from the Motorway. Also serve food?

I guess its a bit tricky getting down the slope at the entrence for some people, but there seems to be a good turn out when I have been to the Jap meets at weekends.

Just a thought. :)

post 34

The pub is under new management - the old manager was a total waste of time and luckily she left. Also, the meet was shut down because of some rather stupid people that turned up and nearly ran over a little boy.

I'm working with the new manager to get things sorted and back to how they were.....

Paul.

Just my thoughts on this Paul.

The one thing I don't understand is how understaffed they've been for the last 2 meets. I recognised the staff had changed, at the May meet so guessed the management had changed also.

May: we turn up at about 19:00 have a mosey around, go in to find the bar deserted (no-one behind the bar at all) we waited by the food counter for about 10 minutes, eventually someone came to take our order. by the time we'd sat down some food had been delivered to our table :blink: it wasn't our food!! at about 21:00 some more JNW members IIRC about 7 went to order food - only to be told "we've stopped serving food" they pointed out that the sign over the counter said food should have been available for much longer. But the manager was called and refused to budge.

June: I didn't personally attend, but much the same situation was reported.

Now if you are taking license plate details to fax through to the pub, they must have a rough idea of how many people are due to attend, but they just looked completely overwhelmed, as though they were just expecting a normal Monday crowd.

I mean how much do we have to do for them, before they realise how profitable it can be for them.

I'm sorry, but in this financial climate I'm buggered if I'm going to drive from Blackpool to Warrington and back, to be made to feel unwelcome and not be able to get food.

Just to add at the height of it's popularity we were able to regularly get over 20 Supras to turn up, and each and every one had a great time. When the police turned up with their heavy handed techniques we'd just persuaded some guys to make the trip up from Telford area (6 cars IIRC) Now I doubt I could pay them to go...

And I have to say they've only got themselves to blame. There's only so many times you can give a business another chance.

Mike

Edited by Pixelfill (see edit history)

Just my thoughts on this Paul.

The one thing I don't understand is how understaffed they've been for the last 2 meets. I recognised the staff had changed, at the May meet so guessed the management had changed also.

May: we turn up at about 19:00 have a mosey around, go in to find the bar deserted (no-one behind the bar at all) we waited by the food counter for about 10 minutes, eventually someone came to take our order. by the time we'd sat down some food had been delivered to our table :blink: it wasn't our food!! at about 21:00 some more JNW members IIRC about 7 went to order food - only to be told "we've stopped serving food" they pointed out that the sign over the counter said food should have been available for much longer. But the manager was called and refused to budge.

June: I didn't personally attend, but much the same situation was reported.

Now if you are taking license plate details to fax through to the pub, they must have a rough idea of how many people are due to attend, but they just looked completely overwhelmed, as though they were just expecting a normal Monday crowd.

I mean how much do we have to do for them, before they realise how profitable it can be for them.

I'm sorry, but in this financial climate I'm buggered if I'm going to drive from Blackpool to Warrington and back, to be made to feel unwelcome and not be able to get food.

Mike

I wish I had known, could have had it out with them earlier then. I'll get to the bottom of it now.......

Cheers,

Paul.

So if things get sorted, that's great. When Mascrat was good, back in 06/07, it was brill. Still, quite a few members have gone since those good old days :(

When I first started in 07 it was a great meet and I really enjoyed them. I feel that it's a real shame that it has come to this and even if the management get this sorted it is going to take a lot of time and word of mouth endorsements to get back to where it originally was..!!

The truth is that Mascrat potentially has everything but regularly delivers so little. How hard can it be have a decent car park and get a burger and chips??

In the interest of not being a shit house I will consider giving it one more go but I have promised twice not to bother again, why I do this I will never know....:rolleyes:

H.

When I first started in 07 it was a great meet and I really enjoyed them. I feel that it's a real shame that it has come to this and even if the management get this sorted it is going to take a lot of time and word of mouth endorsements to get back to where it originally was..!!

The truth is that Mascrat potentially has everything but regularly delivers so little. How hard can it be have a decent car park and get a burger and chips??

In the interest of not being a $#@! house I will consider giving it one more go but I have promised twice not to bother again, why I do this I will never know....:rolleyes:

H.

Hi,

I hear you and so do mascrat. Please get your names down on the meet forum (http://www.japnorthwset.net) before the end of Friday so I can get numbers to mascrat in advance. The manager has promised me to put extra staff on Monday!

Cheers,

Paul.

In the interest of not being a $#@! house I will consider giving it one more go but I have promised twice not to bother again, why I do this I will never know....:rolleyes:

H.

I do have an electric fence at the bottom of my garden, if you prefer :p

Like it would actually get any better. Why've you got such a hard-on for Mascrat? They've clearly got no interest in having you lot there so why bother?

I'm still working miles away, so I can't make it down to any of these yet.

Like it would actually get any better. Why've you got such a hard-on for Mascrat?

Since the last time it was "good", there hasn't been anything decent sorted out since god knows when.

I love to have a date back in the calender where you know each month, this time, this place.

If you want to cut your own nose off to spite your face then fine, but unfortunate fact is there hasn't been a quality all Jap north meet since Mascrat took a turn for the worse.

If it can be pushed back to what it was surely that's a good thing? the NW meet section has been wandering aimlessly for a while now.

I just don't get why you (or they) keep persevering with this place, surely there are other places to go. Hell, you could use the far end of the car park at Ikea and still have food available until 10pm (ish), I'm sure there'd be plenty of space.

Personally, I couldn't give a monkeys about about the rest of the rice burners, I'd be happy to just catch up with the folks on here.

If I ever did go back to Mascrat it would be with a crate of drinks and a portable stove, they don't deserve my money.