The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from the "frogs eaters" 's country

babou88

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Annabella, an idea where i can do the HPI (website), the best one ? hpicheck, totalcarcheck, hpi.co.uk ... ??

OK zeiretto, but i think i will travel by train, so don't mind if it's dover or leeds, i want to drive it for the return, 5hour trip more or less is not important (i'm 5 hour from Calais after)

why do you have some contact with the seller Zeiretto ?? thinking of buying it ? if yes why you have change your mind?

sorry for late reply unfortunately there has been a problem with the car therefore we are withdrawing it from sale.

I am very sorry but the car has been stood for 6 weeks when we tried to start it and the radiator has a leak as well as rear suspension is making a noise from right hand side as well ..so under the circumstances I don't feel that we can sell the car as it may develop engine problem due to radiator leak .

I wait for an invoice for the deposit since 2 days, it's the seller reply, doesn't smell good this story...

finally a think i just keep my first choice: bidding on japanese aunction and be more patient

Sounds like you dodged a bullet with that one.

Be careful with any mkiv, they're all getting on now and even low mileage imports can suffer

failed rads etc, one I recently viewed with around 50,000 km on it had got a new

rad and matrix fitted !

Good luck with your search

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

some pictures of the car , at the port before going on the boat:

I've got some work to do on the car to make me like i want (wheels, and of course, take this wing off at the garabge as soon as i have the car in my garage!)

but seems to be in pretty good state...

2 months and 20 days approx before i can drive it...

Best regards

Bastien

Get that HKS air filter off as soon as possible, unless you change the filter foam to something decent they plain don't filter and you will have abnormal valve guide and bore wear. just hope it's not been on too long already. I had an R33GTR years ago to which someone had fitted those filters and it needed guides and rings as there was so much wear from dirty air.

Hi!

I don't know for who is the gunmetal in front of mine, i have bidded on one but was too short !

thanks for the advice chris, I will remove the HKS induction kit.

does a stock airbox with a K&N air filter (or something equivalent) is enough for a BPU (400) or too restrictive? if it's too restrictive, what is good for intake for a BPU?

Best regards

Bastien

ok thanks...

i just need now to find a stock airbox for Vvti ... not simple i think...

wheels question:

on the supra forum in France, i found that often : they put 8"5 in front and 9"5 rear.

I think , for esthetic choice, put 9"5 in front (ET30) + 10"5 rear (ET35)

will it fit ?

and i wondered me, why don't put the same dimension in the 4 corner , wheels & tires !

(9"5 with 265 tire for exemple)

they often do that on BMW E46 fort track use..

is it possible on a Supra, or does it unbalance the handling or something like that??

(will put my car on track 3 ou 4 times in a year, mostly short track and once a year on nordschleife)

any advice ?

best regards

bastien

Get that HKS air filter off as soon as possible, unless you change the filter foam to something decent they plain don't filter and you will have abnormal valve guide and bore wear. just hope it's not been on too long already. I had an R33GTR years ago to which someone had fitted those filters and it needed guides and rings as there was so much wear from dirty air.

Not great news as its the only filter that will fit on my turbo on the rx7 with the limited space...

ok thanks...

i just need now to find a stock airbox for Vvti ... not simple i think...

wheels question:

on the supra forum in France, i found that often : they put 8"5 in front and 9"5 rear.

I think , for esthetic choice, put 9"5 in front (ET30) + 10"5 rear (ET35)

will it fit ?

and i wondered me, why don't put the same dimension in the 4 corner , wheels & tires !

(9"5 with 265 tire for exemple)

they often do that on BMW E46 fort track use..

is it possible on a Supra, or does it unbalance the handling or something like that??

(will put my car on track 3 ou 4 times in a year, mostly short track and once a year on nordschleife)

any advice ?

best regards

bastien

Manufacturers make a car understeer in steady state cornering, they reckon it's best to go through a hedge forwards, rather than backwards, so they often run a narrower front tyres to those on the rear.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

the car is now near Malta, and normally i will take it approx at the end of May.

I have already found OEM wheel (17") with tyres in good condition, OEM headlight for LHD and 2 OEM Wing (one grey need to be paint and one white)

thinking about future wheels , in 18, and need some advice:

my choice is : japan racing JR18 extrem concave , 18", ET35, 9"5 , the same for all corners

tyres: michelin PSS 245/35/18 front and 275/40/18

what do you think about that?

best regards

Bastien