Hi from the "frogs eaters" 's country

babou88

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

just a question (maybe will have an answer ?)

I don't understand how the mod on this car work .

I explain: on an evo, you put parts (exhaust, intake,...) and you make a new mapping in the ECU to maximize power...

but on a SUPRA, on the french forum, they said you just put parts, and the stock Ecu do alone the mapping corrections , you can't make a new mapping on the stock ECU (need an AEM one or something like that)

so, If I put a new exhaust manifold, a SSautochrome T61 T4 A/R 0.63., downpipe etc,...

i just need to mount the parts, adjust the turbo pressure (no more than 0,9 bar with stoks injectors), and have good power ?

does it work like I said above? even for a VVTI supra ?

with that pressure and that turbo, can I expect 450 ch with reliability ?

PS: the car is in bremerhaven in germany, I will have it in my garage a the end of this month!

Hello,

just a question (maybe will have an answer ?)

I don't understand how the mod on this car work .

I explain: on an evo, you put parts (exhaust, intake,...) and you make a new mapping in the ECU to maximize power...

but on a SUPRA, on the french forum, they said you just put parts, and the stock Ecu do alone the mapping corrections , you can't make a new mapping on the stock ECU (need an AEM one or something like that)

so, If I put a new exhaust manifold, a SSautochrome T61 T4 A/R 0.63., downpipe etc,...

i just need to mount the parts, adjust the turbo pressure (no more than 0,9 bar with stoks injectors), and have good power ?

does it work like I said above? even for a VVTI supra ?

with that pressure and that turbo, can I expect 450 ch with reliability ?

PS: the car is in bremerhaven in germany, I will have it in my garage a the end of this month!

Hi, well i gather you are going single turbo. The simple answer is yes you can run it on the stock ECU but it overfuels and runs lean as the ECU is meant for a sequential twin turbo setup, it is always going to be a more ideal situation if you use a stand alone ECU. You haven't said too much about you're plans to control boost and you may well need an upgraded fuel pump. UK spec injectors are 550cc which should be enough for you're power plans, J specs are only 440cc (20+ years old) and would not be able to handle it. I wouldn't want to comment on reliability especially on a limited budget and not knowing if parts are new or old.

Single turbos are alot of fun, however this seems alot of hassle for power gains that are generally only 50bhp above a good BPU Supra. In my opinion you would be better off staying BPU and enjoying the car reliably. :)

Edited by Hemanhead (see edit history)

Hello!

thanks for the advice Hemanhead!

I ask for that because i can put my hands on a ssautochrome T61 + downpipe for 530€ and thhougt it was a good price.

of course if i put that part, i also need to install fuel pump (have a dw200 new in my garage), an exhaust manifold and a good wastegate (with the good spring, it can control boost no?)

injectors can handle 450ch (not a the wheels i guess) , as the seller (of the turbo) says.... but it will be more secure to change it , as you say!

my conclusion is maybe I will be wise, and wait to drive the car in is actual form before doing anything crazy!

pictures soon, when i can see the car with my own eyes, in 2 weeks!

bets regards

Bastien

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Finally the car is in my garage! OUF !!

The return trip (550kms), driving my supra was great, no problem on the car.

The oil cooler seem to have a little leak (oily on the rad), but good oil pressure and good level of oil, so need to be checked, but nothing serious I guess!

have seen that the car still have the 180kph limit, so searching for a SLD (will post in the wanted part section, I can do that now normally ;-)

the horrible spoiler is yet removed, need to clean before installing the OEM one....

not in my house this week end, so need to be patient before doing some work on the car ... sniff

Best regards

Bastien

• 4 weeks later...

some news:

i have done some work on the car :

- new NGK BKR8EIX / new Oil (motul 300V 15W50 + OEM oil filter) / new fuel filter (OEM)

I have put greddy speed delimiter and french (for LHD) front headlights, and removed turbo timer .

all work must be done before 1st july, because it's the Annual trip ton Nurburgring with some good friends (all dudes have germans cars...)

this week-end was fabulous, as every time in the "green hell" (never crashed , so no bad memories .... yet ...!)

on the road for the last lap (9 in total in 2 days) :

and some pictures "in action" :

now, i need to do french papers !!!

best regards

Bastien