The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The worst fitting bit of kit ever, Ideas?

The Raven

Like thats a bad thing?:p

If its on your bonnet at 70 mph or more and falls apart then yes :p

Just a silly question, how does it attach to the bonnet, i cant see and threaded inserts or holes for the bolts to go in ?

Surely not double sided tape :D

If its on your bonnet at 70 mph or more and falls apart then yes :p

Just a silly question, how does it attach to the bonnet, i cant see and threaded inserts or holes for the bolts to go in ?

Surely not double sided tape :D

I have no idea how it was supposed to attach, its totally hollow. You couldnt even stick tape to it as it has no edge.

As for falling apart, i belive if i was to try and drill out the vent bit it wouldnt stand up to it let alone 70mph:d

I don't think its that bad considering, even some of the best name kits/parts need a bit of trimming.

And that would take 15 mins of trimming and fettling to make it fit fine.

Why is it people seem to think that all fibreglass bits should fit like a glove? it is NOT like metal, the process has a lot of variables that dictate the end result, parts can move about during and after drying dependant on storage conditions etc, so it gets blamed on whoever made the part, but it just doesn't work that way.

And no i have no idea who made it, so I'm not sticking up for them, i just have a bit of experience with fibreglass.

:yeahthat:

True

The only way that you could fit that i suppose would fibreglass some brackets inside the hollow to enable it to bolt through your bonnet. But is it actually solid where the vent part is, and no cut out, if so launch it mate. Totally chav otherwise. I still think chopping into the bonnet for custom ventage is the way forward. Ive got my drills and angle grinders ready :eyebrows:;)

Thats a horrid thing! how can anyone even sell that! Its even a hollow intake, with no actual holes to act like a vent!

I'd say stick it on ebay for what it is and aim for the Chav market, I bet you'll double your money or even advertise it on that barryboys site.

Raven, if you are just wanting the scoop without all the other fittings, mesh, seals, undertray, etc. then I can supply a genuine Toyota one a lot cheaper than that.

Pm if you want details.

nick you have another PM -------- dave

Would you cut a hole in your bonnet as well then? :blink:

Why not?

I cut into mine to put in a vent.

Yeah i would, as was quite happy to.

If i dont get any joy with this i will cut my own custom vent in the stock bonnet

Go for it.

I did on mine and im more than happy with it

The only way that you could fit that i suppose would fibreglass some brackets inside the hollow to enable it to bolt through your bonnet. But is it actually solid where the vent part is, and no cut out, if so launch it mate. Totally chav otherwise. I still think chopping into the bonnet for custom ventage is the way forward. Ive got my drills and angle grinders ready :eyebrows:;)

LMAO.

Ok ok thats it! When yours is fixed i say we cut my bonnet! If it works then all the better if not...........well im sure it will work out just fine. I keep looking at it time and time again those vents down the side need doing. ;)

Well worse case is i would need a new bonnet.......

Its called be clever LOL

REmember "he who dares.............................................wins"

Do i have to remind you about my dash? or tinting? :p

To all you wanting this one of a kind bonnet vent i am willing to sell it............or swap for a TRD spoiler.........