The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What kit is this?

martini

I've read this a few times recently. Don't want to go off topic, but I thought I'd quickly add this seeing as it's been mentioned again. I'm on my second TT, this one being a manual BPU++ TT. Neither of them have been particularly tail happy. Neither of them slid out without being obviously provoked into it. It leads me to believe you might want to get your geo checked. Especially if it slides out without any warning.

Thanks pistonhead, yep I have been to Elite and all Geo is all setup correctly now, yes you are right it has been slightly (only slightly :p) provoked. I think I might be looking into a different brand tyres (sorry to hijack thread), yeh I normally can tell when its going... but thought I would mention it because out of all the RWD cars I have driven it seems to be the most tail happy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks pistonhead, yep I have been to Elite and all Geo is all setup correctly now, yes you are right it has been slightly (only slightly :p) provoked. I think I might be looking into a different brand tyres (sorry to hijack thread), yeh I normally can tell when its going... but thought I would mention it because out of all the RWD cars I have driven it seems to be the most tail happy.

You were right to mention it mate, these cars are group 20 for a reason. :D. Out of interest, if you want a tail happy car, take an early s2000 out for a spin (literaly :D )

Back on topic.

Go and get a supra mate, whether it be an NA or a TT, Manual or auto. Makes no odds, just make sure it's a nice one.

Half the fun of these cars is not the power, or what gearbox it has. It's the burbling cruise round town while watching all the rubber necking onlookers from the pavement. My favourite personal supra story was with my first red auto tt. The first week I had it, I pulled into a petrol station next to a pump where a guy was filling his DB7, there was two young lads looking around his car slack jawed at the magnificence of it. On seeing the supra, they both came running over with one of them shouting "Awwww man, I'd rather have this one, it's the fast and furious car !!!!", both now completely ignoring the aston :D

:funny:

:D

Lovely story. Obviously Astons are nice too ;)

I can't wait, to say I am excited is an understatement. There's a certain N/A 5spd manual on here (black one) that has caught my interest. The bumper has just been fitted and new skirts too. Might be the perfect little first car :D

You were right to mention it mate, these cars are group 20 for a reason. :D. Out of interest, if you want a tail happy car, take an early s2000 out for a spin (literaly :D )

Back on topic.

Go and get a supra mate, whether it be an NA or a TT, Manual or auto. Makes no odds, just make sure it's a nice one.

Half the fun of these cars is not the power, or what gearbox it has. It's the burbling cruise round town while watching all the rubber necking onlookers from the pavement. My favourite personal supra story was with my first red auto tt. The first week I had it, I pulled into a petrol station next to a pump where a guy was filling his DB7, there was two young lads looking around his car slack jawed at the magnificence of it. On seeing the supra, they both came running over with one of them shouting "Awwww man, I'd rather have this one, it's the fast and furious car !!!!", both now completely ignoring the aston :D

I know the feeling. My old supra with the roof off got so much attention it was quite wierd.

Yours looks ace mate. Not seen you around Manchester - where you based? I don't have a car though, so it's hardly surprising!

Im in Atherton, west Manc really. More than welcome to have a ride in mine, although like Matt H, it's not really the same as a N/A or TT having a single.

I would personally wait and get a nice TT. You will be itching for more after a while in a N/A imo

can i have a go? :D

lol :D if you want you can.

From the origonal post of this thread, the only problem with this front bumper is just how low it is. Ive had to have it fixed 3 times because of pot holes and speed bumps lol. I even had it fixed and coming off the industrial estate where the bodyshop was it bottomed out going down a dip.

yey for me ! :D off to leigh i go to sniff you out!

its hard to find a nice lip or bumper for the mkiv that doesnt scrape bumps etc.. i suppose it boils down to height setup of the car but no matter what you get, unless its stock. its going to scrape :(

yey for me ! :D off to leigh i go to sniff you out!

its hard to find a nice lip or bumper for the mkiv that doesnt scrape bumps etc.. i suppose it boils down to height setup of the car but no matter what you get, unless its stock. its going to scrape :(

lol, if you find me you deserve a ride in it. True about the lip, it doesnt help that mine is lowered.

Im in Atherton, west Manc really. More than welcome to have a ride in mine, although like Matt H, it's not really the same as a N/A or TT having a single.

I would personally wait and get a nice TT. You will be itching for more after a while in a N/A imo

Thing is, I can afford an N/A now, but a TT in a year or so. In that time I would rather cruise around in an N/A than on my bicycle!

Would love a ride. Next week one night?

Thing is, I can afford an N/A now, but a TT in a year or so. In that time I would rather cruise around in an N/A than on my bicycle!

Would love a ride. Next week one night?

Soon as I get it back mate Ill let you know and we will sort someting out. Still at Jurgens at the min should hopefully have it back next week :) Where abouts you at? Maybe have a mini meet with M LIFE aswell.