The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec Toyota Supra TT 1995 ( Manual ) – 57,200 Miles

DBR

i struggled to get £9K for my UK supra 12 months ago. it was an auto but had only 36,000 miles on it. there is a tendancy to overestimate the demand for UK cars which historically has kept the price higher but now all supras are falling dramatically due to age and running costs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i struggled to get £9K for my UK supra 12 months ago. it was an auto but had only 36,000 miles on it. there is a tendancy to overestimate the demand for UK cars which historically has kept the price higher but now all supras are falling dramatically due to age and running costs.

Market is so bad i would break mine for parts rather than sell it.

there is a tendancy to overestimate the demand for UK cars which historically has kept the price higher but now all supras are falling dramatically due to age and running costs.

I fully agree with that statement. I would rather have a J-Spec that has been imported from the South of Japan than a UK-spec that has seen too many UK salty winters.

hi guys

so as mine is an "aero 6 speed single" jap inport.

Where would mine fit in price wise? in your opinions?

And do you think it would go abroad?

cheers guys, im in 2 minds wether to sell or not so you opinions would be grateful

btw a very nice standard uk spec

hi guys

cheers guys, im in 2 minds wether to sell or not so you opinions would be grateful

yes.. put yours up for sale, so i can buy it haha

in all fairness i was looking for a decent uk spec, low mileage manual for my base car.. but considering the asking price is pretty much my budget and the mods id wanna do.. its just outta my reach.

Not taking it away from the car tho. With looking whats around on the market its well worth the premium for the right buyer, good luck shes a beaut

hi guys

A lot of EU countries make a jspec car financially unviable. You wouldn't believe what you'd need to do to your car and how much it would cost to register it in France!

i have been offered over 25k pounds for mine. hold out for the right buyer and i kid you not 20k.as someone said a jap supra can be replaced in few hours. uk manual supra are so so rare. never replace mint and low mileage one

Could you point the chap with £25k to burn in the direction of my for sale advert please, with the money saved he could make it rather special :)

Could you point the chap with £25k to burn in the direction of my for sale advert please, with the money saved he could make it rather special :)

or send him in my direction,im sure with the cash saved he could buy a brand new 6 speed box &do the conversion &then have a 52k manual,and money left over;)

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the new buyer wont modify it ive kept her pristine and just as Mr T intended her to be ;) , its got to be one of very very few left the hasn't been touched and probably the only one on this mileage with all the paper work and history to back up. Had a nice chap come and view it on Wednesday he definatly seems the sort of person i would like my car to go to, wants to keep it stock i believe and really loves his cars! - fingers crossed. I dont think i could stand this car to go to boyracer to then see it crusing down the road with green neons flashing in time to the drum and bass blarring from the 20,0000 watt system - ewwwww,

As much as its very nice and rare is it really going to fetch that money in the current market, i had the same sort of struggle with a similar milage UK spec GT4 which was in perfect showroom condition inside/out/underneath, i had it for sale for 6months and in the end it went for peanuts :(

As much as its very nice and rare is it really going to fetch that money in the current market, i had the same sort of struggle with a similar milage UK spec GT4 which was in perfect showroom condition inside/out/underneath, i had it for sale for 6months and in the end it went for peanuts :(

I agree ,although i am a big supra fan there is no way i'd be paying 20k for a uk one no matter how rare it is ,it's not like a healy 3000 or an e type,as someone pointed out you can always get a newer jap spec car,wish you well with the sale though :)

I agree ,although i am a big supra fan there is no way i'd be paying 20k for a uk one no matter how rare it is ,it's not like a healy 3000 or an e type,as someone pointed out you can always get a newer jap spec car,wish you well with the sale though :)

The point is places like france have massive issues trying to import j spec cars.

I sold my UK car for 8k stock 90k on the clock (auto)

The car is actually priced very well for what it is i was offered £16k for her not so long ago but wasnt selling at the time. Considering the cnditionan a history on this car you cant go wrong, thats all i would be prepared to let her go for anyway, anything less and ill be keeping her, im sure she is defo worth £14K if not more perhaps. I do agree though these £20k remarks flying around are a bit over the top

• 2 months later...

Just hang on a bit longer. As the pound collapses your car becomes better and better value here in France. As it's standard and manual it's just the sort that people here would buy. If you try to sell it to France, point out to any potential buyer that the UK car is homologated and there will be no trouble registering it. We do have something of an economic downturn here though.

This shows how poor the Supra market is at the moment, I remember a time five years ago when there would have been a fight to get this car. Its a very rare find.

Its not just the Supra market :( i very much doubt anyone in the UK will pay that premium even for a rarity, a European may well do however as they have no choice if they demand the specifics

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.