The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19's Jade R's

RobD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont suppose anyone has a pic of a stock red supra with the Jade R's on do they?

Here you go,two of mine....

jade-r's in black. Lovely looking wheel IMO, especially in the flesh. I have absolutely no probs with rubbing on mine, and my arches haven't been fiddled with.

imagethere is a few more in my garage. All these are taken off a camera phone i'm afraid :(

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

jade-r's in black. Lovely looking wheel IMO, especially in the flesh. I have absolutely no probs with rubbing on mine, and my arches haven't been fiddled with.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/mpryde/supra6.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/mpryde/HPIM0351.jpgthere is a few more in my garage. All these are taken off a camera phone i'm afraid :(

Lovely looking Uk spec, awful wheels :(

Wheelmania wheels have a reputation for poor quality, and from what i've seen often corrode badly, very quickly.

Lovely looking Uk spec, awful wheels :(

Wheelmania wheels have a reputation for poor quality, and from what i've seen often corrode badly, very quickly.

Well mine are fine so far so good! :p

........................................................................................

As far as I'm aware Jade R Alloys are actually made by Team Dynamics.

I believe Wheel Mania order specific sizes that are only to be sold though them hence 19/20 inch Jade R's only avaiable through Wheel Mania.;)

Great looking wheel in my opinion, each to their own though isn't it..............>

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/mpryde/supra6.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/mpryde/HPIM0351.jpgthere is a few more in my garage. All these are taken off a camera phone i'm afraid :(

Marty,

What size of wheel and tyre are you actually running?

..from what i've seen often corrode badly, very quickly.

Completely disagree, maybe on the cheaper models they do yes, but these of mine are very well made and still in excellent condition.

Marty,

What size of wheel and tyre are you actually running?

These are 19"s, they are 235/35's on the front, and 265/30's on the back. although i'm going to be getting some 295's r888's on it, if they'll fit, as i'm upgrading my turbo.

Rob.. yup the car is lowered on coilovers, would prob sit a good inch or so higher if it wasn't.

Completely disagree, maybe on the cheaper models they do yes, but these of mine are very well made and still in excellent condition.

These are 19"s, they are 235/35's on the front, and 265/30's on the back. although i'm going to be getting some 295's r888's on it, if they'll fit, as i'm upgrading my turbo.

Rob.. yup the car is lowered on coilovers, would prob sit a good inch or so higher if it wasn't.

I run that size on 18's. Which means I'm running the correct rolling diameter for my speedo.

Folks... don't go 19 unless it's a show car. If you need to drive these motors go 17 or 18.

Don't forget 17's look naff, but nobody'll be able to tell anyway. You'll be too far ahead. :D

I run 19"s its not a showcar and i drive it pretty hard and theres no real drama or maybe im driving it like a poof! Does it make a huge difference to the performance,handling etc running 18"s? if the geometry is right on 19"s will it not be just as effective mate?

Edited by tony tt
spelling mistake (see edit history)

I run 19"s its not a showcar and i drive it pretty hard and theres no real drama or maybe im driving it like a poof! Does it make a huge difference to the performance,handling etc running 18"s? if the geometry is right on 19"s will it not be just as affective mate?

Not quite, because the tyrewall will be a lot thinner there won't be as much give when it comes to cornering.

Won't absorb the bumps quite so well either.

I'm going for 19's as well. You would need to be seriously pushing the car to notice in my opinion. The biggest problem is that when people put them on their car they don't get the necessary changes done to the suspension. This then leads to the stigma attached to 19's and bigger.

I actually noticed a lot of difference changing up to 18's. :(

The tramlining got really noticeable.

The old suspension becomes really noticable on todays roads.

The lack of tyrewall has a very real effect here bud.

I still run 18's because.. we need to fill these arches. No way would I try to run 19's.

I notice what's right and what's not. I'm not a fussy driver and no way would I run 19's. HTH.

I've noticed Jade Rs corroding badly on a few chavved up cars. You must take really good care of yours. :)

They are budget wheels though, of the same ilk as TSW, Fox racing, Wolfrace etc. Like most things, you really get what you pay for with wheels.

I'd save up a bit longer and stick some Rays, BBS or Advan wheels ETc. on.

fair enough mate i had 18"s before i went for bigger just to have it look better and the wheels i decided on dont come in 18 so there fine for what i throw at them anyway.

Can't argue with that mate. Will say that the 19's will do your suspension in faster though. That costs lots mate. :(

I've noticed Jade Rs corroding badly on a few chavved up cars. You must take really good care of yours. :)

They are budget wheels though, of the same ilk as TSW, Fox racing, Wolfrace etc. Like most things, you really get what you pay for with wheels.

I'd save up a bit longer and stick some Rays, BBS or Advan wheels ETc. on.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Those are high end alloys bud. :( Lovely though. :D

I'm going to think about this and look at my options , my stock rims are shocking atm and the tyres aint the best! So ideally i need a fresh set of rims and tyres as soon as really but if they corrode badly then perhaps i'll have to wait, just out of curiosity how long have you had your wheels Marty and tonytt? Wheelmania give a years warranty that covers corrosion! Decisions decisions

I'm going to think about this and look at my options , my stock rims are shocking atm and the tyres aint the best! So ideally i need a fresh set of rims and tyres as soon as really but if they corrode badly then perhaps i'll have to wait, just out of curiosity how long have you had your wheels Marty and tonytt? Wheelmania give a years warranty that covers corrosion! Decisions decisions

I've had my wheels only 2 months mate i know its not long but there still perfect i havent heard of any bad reports about them until now.