The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19's Jade R's

RobD

Can't argue with that mate. Will say that the 19's will do your suspension in faster though. That costs lots mate. :(

I've noticed Jade Rs corroding badly on a few chavved up cars. You must take really good care of yours. :)

They are budget wheels though, of the same ilk as TSW, Fox racing, Wolfrace etc. Like most things, you really get what you pay for with wheels.

I'd save up a bit longer and stick some Rays, BBS or Advan wheels ETc. on.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Those are high end alloys bud. :( Lovely though. :D

I have race silver 19"s from wheelmania does that mean my car is chavved up??? Not everyone can stretch to advan or rays wheels bud. :p

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to think about this and look at my options , my stock rims are shocking atm and the tyres aint the best! So ideally i need a fresh set of rims and tyres as soon as really but if they corrode badly then perhaps i'll have to wait, just out of curiosity how long have you had your wheels Marty and tonytt? Wheelmania give a years warranty that covers corrosion! Decisions decisions

LBM is quite right here Rob the alloys you're looking at have the wrong size tyres on. For the rolling diameter that is.

How many miles do you intend to drive in a year? Say 10k. At a guess. I'd say that may put 15k's worth of stress and wear on your suspension components.

Look at Nic, Import Pimps, cheaper prices for these components. :( This is just the way I look at it Rob. Cars are gettin' on anyway so why overdo it.

I'd love to run 19's to fill the arch's but ... nah. Too many people here who've done it all before have consistently said no. Good enough for me bud. Plus you save £200 a year on rubber too don't forget.

I've noticed Jade Rs corroding badly on a few chavved up cars. You must take really good care of yours. :)

They are budget wheels though, of the same ilk as TSW, Fox racing, Wolfrace etc. Like most things, you really get what you pay for with wheels.

I'd save up a bit longer and stick some Rays, BBS or Advan wheels ETc. on.

sorry that was for this comment here :rolleyes: Chavved up cars? Does that make me a chav?

To be honest i want to renew my bushes all round as it is and being a tech at a toyota and lexus dealership i know i'll get discount so i aint really fussed , I want to get some teins aswell but to lower looks like i'll need the arches done to! I'm planning on doing a TT conversion so before that i need to give some attention to the wheels suspension and brakes as im not happy with putting in as she is now!

Before you start wondering why i dont know these sort of things being a mechanic its because im only a year out of apprenticeship so please bare with me! Plus its not the sort of thing i have to worry about in a dealership lol :)

Well mine are ordered now - will be here tomorrow! They're a cheap and quick fix for now until I can release some dosh at a much later date! Will post pics up when they're fitted etc.

Rob - when I called to sort mine they did say the tyres would be 265 rear and 235 front - their standard recommendations for these wheels for a Supra.

I'd save up a bit longer and stick some Rays, BBS or Advan wheels ETc. on.

I don't take care of them no :p i'm actually quite lazy when it come's to washing my car and wheels :)

They are originally made by team dynamics who aren't a budget wheel, the only thing wheelmania about them in the badge in the middle, plus at the £1800 they were new last year they can hardly be called budget.

I wouldn't have bought these wheels if i hadn't have already been over all this and checked them out thouroughly. I've come across lots of Jap wheels in my time, and these are of no less quality. Maybe the quality has dropped on the jade-r's since i bought mine, as i've noticed the price on the 18's is over half what i paid, but my set, which is what i'm basing my opinions on, is of really good quality and i'm dead pleased with them.

I run that size on 18's. Which means I'm running the correct rolling diameter for my speedo.

Folks... don't go 19 unless it's a show car. If you need to drive these motors go 17 or 18.

Don't forget 17's look naff, but nobody'll be able to tell anyway. You'll be too far ahead. :D

My speedo is slightly out anyway since putting new dials on ;)

I read lots of people banging on about how bad the ride etc is on 19's but to be honest i don't find mine so bad.

Guess its a lot down to your suspension set up too rather than just focussing on the wheel diameter.

When i had my single done, i was running my standard wheels (17's) with pilot sport tyres all round. Grip was pretty good, corning was ok too.

Since putting the 19's i've actually found my car grips the road a lot better under hard acceleration plus the handling has much improved too, maybe its better tyres.

The ride isn't affected either as it's quite bumpy anyway with the way i've set up my suspension. I've never had any problems with tramlining either.

One thing i will say though, is that i do feel stones and pothole's much more :D

Well mine are ordered now - will be here tomorrow! They're a cheap and quick fix for now until I can release some dosh at a much later date! Will post pics up when they're fitted etc.

Rob - when I called to sort mine they did say the tyres would be 265 rear and 235 front - their standard recommendations for these wheels for a Supra.

Thanks mate , think i'll be getting some , i've wrote another message asking about the vortex r's coming back and whether or not they do the jade r's in anthracite or black for the 19" version! To be honest im toying with a colour change after the TT conversion and I think the silver will blend better with the 2 colours im toying with! Would love a set of vortex r's though so if they do start selling them again i'll replace the tyres on my existing wheels and wait for them!

Thanks mate , think i'll be getting some , i've wrote another message asking about the vortex r's coming back and whether or not they do the jade r's in anthracite or black for the 19" version! To be honest im toying with a colour change after the TT conversion and I think the silver will blend better with the 2 colours im toying with! Would love a set of vortex r's though so if they do start selling them again i'll replace the tyres on my existing wheels and wait for them!

They do them in black, thats the ones i'm going for :)

I've seen them but prefer the originals! Might wait and see what yours look like and decide from there as black was one off the colours i might spray her! Other being the Toyota Ice Blue colour the new corolla /verso has which i think the silver would suite! Saying that i wouldn't want to be called a copy cat either :)

I thought you was talking about the vortex r's my mistake , i've not seen the 19" version in black yet only in 18's unless ive missed them somwhere!

Ahh yeah, with the black centers? Sorry i thought u were still on about jade's lol.

I'm pretty sure they are doing a special on the vortex's just now. Maybe just 18's though.

I have race silver 19"s from wheelmania does that mean my car is chavved up??? Not everyone can stretch to advan or rays wheels bud. :p

I've not always earned a decent wage. When I wanted parts then I would save a bit longer to get decent ones.

I'm not saying your car is chavved up, although that's usually where you find wheel mania wheels though :p

Another question for Marty ( Or anyone who has uk brakes) , Do the 19" clear the brakes fine or did you need to have any additional things like spacers? Looking at getting front and rear brakes after the arches and teins have fitted

Another question for Marty ( Or anyone who has uk brakes) , Do the 19" clear the brakes fine or did you need to have any additional things like spacers? Looking at getting front and rear brakes after the arches and teins have fitted

They will go straight over uk brakes without spacers!

I've not always earned a decent wage. When I wanted parts then I would save a bit longer to get decent ones.

I'm not saying your car is chavved up, although that's usually where you find wheel mania wheels though :p

So you are saying wheelmania wheels are for chavs? :D

This shouldn't get into a personal slanging match about taste - everybody's is different and nobody's is right or wrong, just their own and that's fine. Wheels, bodykit, no bodykit, colour, engine - all choices are individual, personal and right for those reasons. I'd love to have the option of saving for a few months to buy my ideal wheels but I don't - money is tight and my car currently has 3 wheels - from my limited mechanical knowledge I feel sure if should have 4!! This is my best choice from the limited options I have - I chased 3 other sets all to no avail as well as securing a deal on here that the seller backed out of at the 11th hour.

This shouldn't get into a personal slanging match about taste - everybody's is different and nobody's is right or wrong, just their own and that's fine. Wheels, bodykit, no bodykit, colour, engine - all choices are individual, personal and right for those reasons. I'd love to have the option of saving for a few months to buy my ideal wheels but I don't - money is tight and my car currently has 3 wheels - from my limited mechanical knowledge I feel sure if should have 4!! This is my best choice from the limited options I have - I chased 3 other sets all to no avail as well as securing a deal on here that the seller backed out of at the 11th hour.

Agreed but wheel snobbery shouldn't be on the forum. I've seen the Jade's and they are quality alloys. To say they aren't quality because of the cost is just snobbery in my opinion.

I wonder how long it takes the average joe to save up 2k for decent alloys and another 1k for tyres. It would take me one hell of a long time.

To quote Billy C - "Wannabe Toffs"

Agreed but wheel snobbery shouldn't be on the forum. I've seen the Jade's and they are quality alloys. To say they aren't quality because of the cost is just snobbery in my opinion.

I wonder how long it takes the average joe to save up 2k for decent alloys and another 1k for tyres. It would take me one hell of a long time.

To quote Billy C - "Wannabe Toffs"

No way i'd spend 3k on wheels and tyres, the car didnt cost me that much lol

• 1 month later...