The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin or single - acceleration

Samsupra

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the boostlogic box, is that very sterdy reliable box if treated well?

some say it is some say it isnt.

i have a gt4088 single turbo with a boost logic auto box and a 3800 high stall converter but they need cooling!!! i have a 25 row oil cooler to do the job. mine should be close to 600bhp

A properly setup single should be alot more drivable and i`m not talking about popping down to to the shops here or pootling around town, i`m talking foot to the floor accelerating out of corners, the singles power delivery is alot smoother so you can feed it in as they say, with a bpu twin its like a switch at 4k,i was only having this discussion today with my bro.

A properly setup single should be alot more drivable and i`m not talking about popping down to to the shops here or pootling around town, i`m talking foot to the floor accelerating out of corners, the singles power delivery is alot smoother so you can feed it in as they say, with a bpu twin its like a switch at 4k,i was only having this discussion today with my bro.

Agreed. The single power band is a LOT more predictable and less likely to bite you in the ass at the switch-over point. This is why I went TTC before going single.

I hated TTC, and when I sold my Supe, Pete asked me why it wasn't surging when the second turbo kicked in - I said it's the way I drive so it's smooth and predictable. Some people like the kick and some don't, both are just as predictable as each other though if you drive them the right way.