The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meet Exeter to Weymouth Sunday 19th April

DodgyRog

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any idea where you will be stopping to eat in Weymouth, and at what time?

Hi Alex, I have posted the full route etc on an update, post #25

We will be on Portland:D

Hoping to be on Portland by 12:30 if no one is late:rolleyes:, if we are lucky by 12:00

1.DodgyRog

2.Wile(trying to keep out of sight of the rossers)

3.patrikbrunt(joining at Seaton)

4.barneybrendan(if car is running)

5.Fearless(with RAC cover)

6.L33(hoping to show off his single)

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties)

8.supraszr(hopefully bringing the girls on the bonnet)

9.Blackie (coming to stalk Darren)

10.Karolina (Coming to stalk Blackie)

11. T-I-G-G-E-R

12. OhGod

As with others it's dependant on whether the bloody car is running!

Battery drains if left for a day or two, so it's either got some massive drain when 'off' or it's not charging properly when in use. Should be in the garage this weekend, so hopefully all good. Failing that I can take the battery out and give it a full charge on the Saturday and hope for the best.

I'm from the Newton Abbot area, so can make the Exeter meeting.

That profile pic is actually of the old car (RIP), should update it really. Was taken up by Haytor.

Battery drains if left for a day or two, so it's either got some massive drain when 'off' or it's not charging properly when in use. Should be in the garage this weekend, so hopefully all good. Failing that I can take the battery out and give it a full charge on the Saturday and hope for the best.

I'm from the Newton Abbot area, so can make the Exeter meeting.

That profile pic is actually of the old car (RIP), should update it really. Was taken up by Haytor.

Hope you get it sorted, I take it you have already tested/replaced the battery.

Wile, Dan, Brendan and possibly a couple other will be coming from Plymouth direction, so if you are joining A38 at Heathfield I am sure you could catch them in convoy.

I will be looking to put all this together over the weekend, so keep your eye out for updates on meeting times.:D

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Yeah me and Hubby (themuttsnuts71) will come,there is someone in same town as me who just bought a Supra, ill ask him if he wants to come as he is new to supra's, and i have another mate with a supra ill ask him too, so poss 3 supras here.

1.DodgyRog

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties)

11. T-I-G-G-E-R

12. OhGod

13. Natsupratt

Will let you know about the other 2 supra's.

Yeah me and Hubby (themuttsnuts71) will come,there is someone in same town as me who just bought a Supra, ill ask him if he wants to come as he is new to supra's, and i have another mate with a supra ill ask him too, so poss 3 supras here.

1.DodgyRog

11. T-I-G-G-E-R

12. OhGod

13. Natsupratt

Will let you know about the other 2 supra's.

Just update the post if anymore, I will be putting up times so you can all arrange what time you are leaving areas and meeting on the way down.

We need to avoid leaving late so we can get the free parking available and to give us some spare time in case of traffic.

Looks like this one is going to be a biggun Rog:) Im looking foward to driving through the small villages with a 15 supra convoy:d

Definately looking promising, just keeping fingers crossed for the weather.:cool:

We might have to stop a few times, as I am sure we will get separated a few times through the towns and villages, so will be having a look on Google maps for decent sized laybys:taped:

Time and Full Meet Update

Meet/Drive Exeter to Portland Bill Sunday 19th April

List so far

1.:trophy:DodgyRog

2.Wile:salute:(trying to keep out of sight of the rossers)PLYMOUTH

3.patrikbrunt(meeting us at Exeter) SEATON

4.barneybrendan(if car is running:rolleyes:)PLYMOUTH

5.Fearless(with RAC cover;))SOUTHBOUND M5

6.L33(hoping to show off his single:eyebrows:)West bound A303/A30!!

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties:taped:)ST.AUSTELL

8.supraszr(hopefully bringing the girls on the bonnet:search:) DAWLISH

9.Blackie (coming to stalk Darren) ILFRACOMBE

10.Karolina (Coming to stalk Blackie)ILFRACOMBE

11.T-i-g-g-e-r (bouncing along) FALMOUTH

12. OhGod NEWTON ABBOT AREA

13. Natsupratt+themuttsnuts71 BIDEFORD

14.dangerous(Dorset) meeting us at Exeter

15.madmike (Somerset Yeovil area)

We need to leave Exeter services (postcode for satnav EX2 7HF) by 9:30am,

I am going to be there from 8:45am and would like everyone to be there by 9:15 at the latest.

I will print off some maps of the complete route and have a couple of layby's in mind if we get split up, which I will mark on the maps.

As far as I can see everyone on this list is meeting at the services, except for patrikbrunt who is meeting us in Seaton,

so for the mini convoys to the services i have marked the area people are coming from, so can you contact each other to arrange this between you:)

Patrikbrunt I am estimating we will be with you around 10:30, I can call you when we are a certain time from you if it helps and this looks like a good place to meet,

if this is not any good can you come up with somewhere and Pm me, cheers.

At this point can I ask for peoples mobile numbers by Pm, so we can contact any missing/lost/no shows ;) Ta

Then from Seaton we will be stopping next at Bridport (awaiting definates from members up there:innocent: otherwise we won't bother stopping here)

I would estimate being in this lorry/coach park by around 11:15

again any local members with a better meeting place let me know via Pm please.

From there we will be heading down the the coast road through Abbotsbury, which brings us in the back way to Weymouth and straight out to Portland for lunch.

There is a large outdoor area and play area at the Pulpitt DT5 2JT.

The return jouney I am a stumped on to be honest, so pretty much the same route back without the detours for the scenic route, unless someone has any ideas or we could run back exactly the same route with the scenic bits still in.

Any feedback let me know soon, so we have chance to come up with some thing:search:

Anyone not on the list that is planing on coming, can you please post up and add details of where you are intending joining etc.

Other joining points could be arranged on route, but needs to be sorted very soon.

I need to give the Pulpitt an idea of numbers for parking etc, so please try not to leave it to the last moment:innocent:

Im thinking I might just meet everyone at exeter now so as to start from the begining as such! :D Lee where are you meeting the group? I could meet you on the roundabout by ilminster off the 303 if you fancy. :)

That's no problem just let me know what your plan is:D

I may join you at the Bridport car park - if not I'll see you at the Pulpit.

Don't wait up. :)

We are not definately stopping at Bridport,

unless someone is meeting us there, Dwayne is going to let me know if he's going to meet us in Bridport or further down our way.

It's no problem to stop in Bridport and meet you, but we will need to know if your going to be there.

I have just Pm'ed my mobile, if you want to let me know either post up here or you can let me know on the Sunday morning of the meet (before we are leaving Exeter preferably) if your not going to know before:d