The mkiv Supra Owners Club

this is JamieP doing what he does best

b7_hrr

If you don't sell it then fair enough, as you say it's your car and if you want to drive the hell out of it, thats your choice. Few will disagree with that.

But one thing I will say, is that if you turn up at meets in future, please have a little more respect for the others that are attending that might not want to listen to your music booming out, or your engine ragging its short life out.. in neutral.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people get slated for bad driving & Jamie doesn't, but as said, it's because of the friendly guy he is.

That isn't completely true, Jamie has had several complaints made about his driving to the club and has received warnings in the past from the officials here. He's fully aware of the situation if he behaves in an unacceptable manner at club organised meets (and to give dues, has respected those).

scotster its true what your saying and i was a awear but 12yrs of driving i never had an acident .... but cuz of some comment made i just relize that some one can crash head on to me lol even if im doing 10mph lol....so my car will be going to www.customcages.co.uk

The longer something doesn't happen the more likely it is to happen.

Flip a coin 50 times in a row and get heads every time. The odds of it landing on heads again is 50/50 but the likelyhood of it happening is much less as the overall odds are 50/50 for the entire 50 flips.

I guess russian roulette is the best example. You play the game you gotta know the consequences. The longer the game goes on the more chance of finding the bullet you have.

That isn't completely true, Jamie has had several complaints made about his driving to the club and has received warnings in the past from the officials here. He's fully aware of the situation if he behaves in an unacceptable manner at club organised meets (and to give dues, has respected those).

Yeah my comment sort of came out a bit wrong, what I meant was people get cut a lot more slack if they're friendly & well liked. Newcomers or unfriendly people generally don't (this doesn't just apply on here but in real life too)

scotster its true what your saying and i was a awear but 12yrs of driving i never had an acident .... but cuz of some comment made i just relize that some one can crash head on to me lol even if im doing 10mph lol....so my car will be going to http://www.customcages.co.uk

Your car doesn't need a cage fella, it needs something to protect itself infront of the engine. With the current state of the car, in a head on the engine and box is going to go straight back into the cabin because there almost no crash structure left ahead of the front struts. It's there where the strength is needed, and ideally a deformable one.

but the things said about my car they could tell me121 all ways a good opion is always welcome and not saying all this on this forum . it was a shock 4 me ... its like starting my car cold and reveing lol

Okay, fair enough, I'll make a point of speaking to you more honestly about the car next time. There were a lot of us at the Ace Cafe meet that were really shocked with the work that had been one, both the chassis mods and the single conversion. Plus your manner didn't indicate you'd be interested or welcome to any constructive comments about the condition of the car which is probably why few, if anyone said anything. If I see you at a meet again I'll make a point of coming to talk to you in a constructive way :) I'm the big, bald white bloke often seen with a cigarette and a beer, can't miss me :D

scotster its true what your saying and i was a awear but 12yrs of driving i never had an acident .... but cuz of some comment made i just relize that some one can crash head on to me lol even if im doing 10mph lol....so my car will be going to http://www.customcages.co.uk

I honestly find it hard to believe you're old enough to have been driving for 12 years and yet you still manage to write posts which are so hard to read.

Have you ever stopped to think for long enough to realise that the reason people don't criticise Jamiep is that he has alot of respect on the forum. There are very few people, myself included, who wouldn't like to be able to afford the cars he can and be able to control them the way he does.

I would imagine that you are as jealous of this as I am. I don't however, understand you're reasons for trying to turn attention to yourself when you have gained nowhere near the amount of respect that he has. Give it time, make some friends and learn to care for your car perhaps?

*Waits for the next "Why don't people like me as much as JamieP" thread*

There was a time where a coment like that from a prick like you would have got my back up and id consider kicking the crap out of you if i was ever fortunate enough to bump into you.

:rlol:

So, to answer your question b7_hrr, we don't want the crap kicking out of us!