The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So..I erm..I'm...I mean my friend is looking for an NA.

RedM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends how practical you want the second car to be. If you need to be able to take rubbish to the dump sometimes, give people lifts etc, I'd settle for a genuine 4 seater car with fold-down seats. If your second car just keeps the miles down on the TT, then an NA could be a wise choice. I'd recommend buying a stock one, and leaving it stock.

I like michael's suggestion too: a nice mk2 MR2 would be good. Perhaps it'd be more fun to drive 2 different cars than drive 2 of the same model.

It depends how practical you want the second car to be. If you need to be able to take rubbish to the dump sometimes, give people lifts etc, I'd settle for a genuine 4 seater car with fold-down seats. If your second car just keeps the miles down on the TT, then an NA could be a wise choice. I'd recommend buying a stock one, and leaving it stock.

I like michael's suggestion too: a nice mk2 MR2 would be good. Perhaps it'd be more fun to drive 2 different cars than drive 2 of the same model.

He's driving a 306 at the moment, used to own a TT IIRC.

I wouldn't go for a Mr2. A close friend of mine had one (1993 g-limited) , seemed VERY unreliable, really skitish if you got an oversteer and look REALLY dated in comparison to the Sup.

GT4 would be nicer! ;)

He's driving a 306 at the moment, used to own a TT IIRC.

I wouldn't go for a Mr2. A close friend of mine had one (1993 g-limited) , seemed VERY unreliable, really skitish if you got an oversteer and look REALLY dated in comparison to the Sup.

GT4 would be nicer! ;)

Oh yeah, the GT4 looks bang up to date and has a solid reputation for being reliable :blink:

Any badly maintained car will be unreliable, sounds like MR2 the suspension and tyres were as neglected as much as the mechanics.

I seriously doubt someone on an NA budget would be in the market for a GS300 like that.

He'd had full geometry set up, and a set of 18" alloys, with pilot sport II's (not sure on the size), even after that it was still hard to control.

The eletric systems failed multiple times. Eventually got written off due to driver error.

Another friend has had a gt4 for about 2 years and had to nothing other than rear wheel bearings. Also, you can get a nice example for around the same price as an NA. with the benefits that come with buying a turbo'd car (IE bolt ons).

I just posted up the GS300 pic, as it was a nice example, I didn't say he could buy that model for the same price as an NA.

I just posted up the GS300 pic, as it was a nice example, I didn't say he could buy that model for the same price as an NA.

Agreed you never said it, but by posting the pic you implied that he should buy it.

A bit pointless posting up a picture of a car you a recommending unless it is that particular model.

I had an mr2 a few years ago (check my garage for pics) and it handled like a dream on 18's with 225 falcon rubber all round. I agree that an n/a mr2 would be a better idea then a supra n/a

Being mid mounted engine rear wheel drive, they dont tend to handle too well if you step the ass out as their is no weight in the front and the weight in the middle acts like a pendulum

Pendulum. Martin likes them, I believe. :)