The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cant help but want more power!

JamieP

This has made an interesting read with my morning cup of tea :)

I know when you use a car fairly regularly, you do get used to it, and then live for 'that bit more' Would be a huge shame if you lost the love of it through reliability issues though.

Cams, race map, new coilover kit will all keep the quest for new goodies at bay for a while and i think are a viable option. I think a lot of it for most people comes down to not being able to leave it alone, once you stop modding new bits for a while, it doesnt feel right. At the end of the day thats what most of us enjoy eh.

Maybe another bike for those 'spirited' times in the summer?

But you have got a smashing car mate :thumbs: and i cant wait to see it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need to look at the results of supra pod and the times difference between yours and whiffins car which has over 200+ more bhp

This is only a valid argument if Jamie is more interested in 1/4 miles though, my hunches tell me that he's not craving more power for the strip.

At the end of the day however you increase the power (bigger turbo, more boost, race map & fuel) if you're the type of person who will "always crave more power" then whatever you do you'll still be back asking the same question once the novelty of that has worn off.

I feel the same as you bud, I want more power, & I know that it won't make the car any quicker (probably slower) lower down, but it doesn't change the fact that the thrill you'll get when it comes online will be even bigger :D

If you've got the time & patience to support the extra power & it's soemthing you want I'd say go get it, but then I've never been one for sensible decisions :D

Hi Jamie,

Im glad your not the only person who has condsidered this 2 turbo option.

Why not go for some serious power i.e over 800 for when you get the cravings. After a little while you will become sick of the lag then you can change back.

Also, wouldnt NOS be a good shout? Your red one with NOS was mad.

you are weak thats why....umm so am i..:blink:

This is only a valid argument if Jamie is more interested in 1/4 miles though, my hunches tell me that he's not craving more power for the strip.

At the end of the day however you increase the power (bigger turbo, more boost, race map & fuel) if you're the type of person who will "always crave more power" then whatever you do you'll still be back asking the same question once the novelty of that has worn off.

I feel the same as you bud, I want more power, & I know that it won't make the car any quicker (probably slower) lower down, but it doesn't change the fact that the thrill you'll get when it comes online will be even bigger :D

If you've got the time & patience to support the extra power & it's soemthing you want I'd say go get it, but then I've never been one for sensible decisions :D

Ive been in Ash's car but he is not running it at its full potential, about 650bhp iirc? id say there is not much in it with how mine performs now.

Thats what I like to hear, ive heard so many mixed reviews of how the T51r performs I was starting to get really worried, hence why it was up for sale :D

Thats what I like to hear, ive heard so many mixed reviews of how the T51r performs I was starting to get really worried, hence why it was up for sale :D

Im staying as is now, Ash's car is similar outright speed to mine id say but it dont have to spool of the T67.

If the man that has been in as many Supras as Ryan says this then thats good enough for me.

having been in prob over 100 Supras now with different setups im telling you for the uk roads and most Uk tracks your setup will be quicker than any of the 650bhp + cars.

Just need to look at the results of supra pod and the times difference between yours and whiffins car which has over 200+ more bhp

Ryan