The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

I'm surprised your car weights that less, with an almost full interior (rear seat removal only drops 13 kg) plus cage.

Are you going to strip it out more for this year's TA?

Yes mate, the whole interior is going along with ABS removal, carbon bootlid/perspex screen, something to lighten the doors, not sure what else on the lightweight stuff yet.

I'm getting a weld in cage put it though which will probably put the weight straight back in!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick update, I ordered my new brakes today. After working it all out with AP Racing I'll be going for a custom made setup using AP Racing Pro 5000+ calipers 6 pot with 362mm floating discs on the front and 4 pot 330mm on rear. Here's some pics of the setup we had made for the RX7 last year which is more or less exactly the same.

Quick update, I ordered my new brakes today. After working it all out with AP Racing I'll be going for a custom made setup using AP Racing Pro 5000+ calipers 6 pot with 362mm floating discs on the front and 4 pot 330mm on rear. Here's some pics of the setup we had made for the RX7 last year which is more or less exactly the same.

[pictures]

Awesome. So how long until we can buy a kit of this? Front and rear? :)

Steve and I have just ordered our Racepak IQ3 dashes, these really are the nuts having used one in the RX7 last year, highly recommend them. Cant wait to get it fitted in our cars, it'll be a great tool for us as drivers to as we'll be able to overlay information on braking points, corner speed, etc. from each car so it should tell who's being a pussy!

Does everything required, lap timing, datalogs anything you input into it, I'll copy and paste from website all the info below:

The IQ3 dash represents an entirely new concept in data logging dashes. By placing the 32 channel data logger, 512 MB memory card, GPS board and 3 axis G meter inside the dash, every feature of the data system is now located in one central location.

And, when that 32 channel data logger is one of Racepak’s exclusive smart sensor type, that means that only one small cable will transmit the data from all the sensors to the rear of the dash.

So, for the customer, this means:

No external data logger necessary

No bulky, heavy sensor wiring harness

No beacon transmitter or receiver necessary for lap time data

No wheel speed sensor necessary. GPS provides speed and track mapping

The IQ3 data logger dash is designed to be a complete data center. Contained inside the fully programmable dash is a 32 channel data logger, 512 MB memory card, GPS board and 3 axis G meter. The programmable shift lights are protected from sunlight by a molded shield above the lights, while the low glare LCD display is well recessed in the housing in order to provide viewing in all light conditions.

The rear of the dash contains the connectors for the external GPS antenna, Vnet sensor cable and the Power / Ground / Engine RPM / External Programming Button harness. All sensors transmit their data through a single cable (Vnet) which is routed to the rear of the dash. This eliminates the need for a sensor harness, greatly reducing installation time, complexity and overall weight.

All data is stored in a 512 MB MicroSD memory card, located in the front of the dash between the programmable shift lights. This design insures easy access to the memory card for data download.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/image_library/parts/iq3dash.jpg

Shiny! Nice features! :drool:

Yep, its a great tool to have on board especially when your trying to extract the fastest possible time out of you and the car. And its all built in to 1 unit so no need for millions of gauges everywhere, can work out quite cost effective when you take that into account actually.

Yep, its a great tool to have on board especially when your trying to extract the fastest possible time out of you and the car. And its all built in to 1 unit so no need for millions of gauges everywhere, can work out quite cost effective when you take that into account actually.

Paul fancy throwing some goodies my way i can test them for you just to make sure there good for your car:innocent:

Getting cracking on sorting out the airflow in through the front bumper. Going to be ducting the oil coolers into the bumper properly so no air can escape around them, hopefully increasing there efficiency.

Today I concentrated on the brake ducting, the holes are cut ready to install the brake ducts, dropped it off to the bodyshop today to have it the moulded into the bumper and painted.