Oil Cooler Ducting

Kev.O

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I gave it a sand down tonight. I know it's nowhere near finished but it's getting hard to see where the filler is required, so I've given the duct a scratch coat. Most of the imperfections is where different filler was used, and I would imagine would get covered in a few coats of paint. I can now work on filling the effected areas:

Here's the next couple of fills I done:

Here's another coat of paint which helps me see where the defects are:

I've now finished off my second tub of P38. I still need a few bits touched up here and there but overall I'm fairly happy with what i've achieved so far:

Kev im no bodyman but i am doing a olittle bike project and using a fair amount of filler too.

Those little microscopic holes are a pain and the bodyfiller will only fill some of them.

If you haven't lost the will to live yet :D you could try a product called "dolphin glaze"

Its good for the final skim on the filler before you prime it.

Kev im no bodyman but i am doing a olittle bike project and using a fair amount of filler too.

Those little microscopic holes are a pain and the bodyfiller will only fill some of them.

If you haven't lost the will to live yet :D you could try a product called "dolphin glaze"

Its good for the final skim on the filler before you prime it.

I'll look into that thanks Colin. The small bubbles in the last picture are from the remains of the primer as it ran out and throw paint everywhere. They'll sand down fine though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's taken me a long time, but I'm really happy with the outcome:

Here it is fitted to the oil cooler:

I bought some draft exclusion foam from B&Q and sprayed it black to help give it a better seal:

Here it is with the bumper fitted and the grilles added:

Nice job you made on that Kev:)

Kev that's awesome, I have a hunch you're a bit of a perfectionist :D

Thanks chaps. TBH there's still a few imperfections inside the duct, but I had to stop somewhere. I must have sanded that duct down atleast 20 times :(

Yeah I'm rather anal retentive :innocent:

Thanks chaps. TBH there's still a few imperfections inside the duct, but I had to stop somewhere. I must have sanded that duct down atleast 20 times :(

Yeah I'm rather anal retentive :innocent:

Yeah I was going to point out a slight imperfection on photo 23045 but I was worried you may be up all night polishing it out :p :D