Kev.O

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
I have one of these which I was thinking about cutting up and using. I also thought about taking the bumper off, making a mould of the opening, and somehow incorporating it with the part in the link above.

I've started doing this today, I'll take some pictures tomorrow. It's rather fiddly but should look nice in the end.

I've started doing this today, I'll take some pictures tomorrow. It's rather fiddly but should look nice in the end.

That link to demon tweeks in your quote just crashed my pc so watch out guys, it opened about a 100 pages.:)

My oil cooler is wedged up against my bumper so no air can go round it but i do worry if a stone was to puncture it. I have the Zunsport grill on the front of my IC and should get one for the oil cooler really.

That link to demon tweeks in your quote just crashed my pc so watch out guys, it opened about a 100 pages.:)

My oil cooler is wedged up against my bumper so no air can go round it but i do worry if a stone was to puncture it. I have the Zunsport grill on the front of my IC and should get one for the oil cooler really.

Sorry about that. It opened fine just a minute again :search:

I've got the Zunsport grill in all three holes on the bumper. It's a great fit.

Is it? ;) Looks like it should have candles on it, at Halloween. Having been incredibly rude, it's better than I could probably manage. I get very depressed when trying to mould anything other than an eighteen year old's *its.

:D

Nice effort there Kev, it's not the nicest of materials to work with!

Thanks for the incouraging comments Chris, keep them coming :D The pictures don't do the masterpiece justice :innocent:

In all honestly, after some more filler and plenty of rubbing down, it should look alot better. It's very functional ;)

Well I've managed to apply two more layers of P38. Here's what it looked like after the third fill:

And after the fourth:

I know there doesn't appear to be that much difference between the two but it's now a case of filling the imperfections.

i feel the pain too :p

I find it quite fun to creats something but its a right arse to work with. just as its sticky enough to hold its self in place without coming away with the brush it goes off and its set solid before you have it exactly right. lol. I made an extra 52mm pod for my pillar pod and moulded it in, Got there in the end but the longest part was the painting of it. Just refused to take the paint without reacting :(

I feel your pain from when i made my Dash2 pod:D

My fingers are starting to get thin. Slow progress, but as I keep telling myself, Rome wasn't built in a day :D

i really wouldn't bother mate, its a functional duct and thats what matters, just clean up the inside as smooth as you can get it and spray it all matt black, no ones ever going to see it

I can't do that, everything has to be 'just so'. I'll get there soon enough :)

i feel the pain too :p

I find it quite fun to creats something but its a right arse to work with. just as its sticky enough to hold its self in place without coming away with the brush it goes off and its set solid before you have it exactly right. lol. I made an extra 52mm pod for my pillar pod and moulded it in, Got there in the end but the longest part was the painting of it. Just refused to take the paint without reacting :(

Fingers crossed this is ok. I know what you mean about having it the exact shape. I had to chop a bit off and re-fibreglass a small section as it had sagged due to the way I positioned the mould :(

The way you SHOULD do it is to make a male plug mould, out of say plaster of Paris, smooth it to perfection, cover it in release agent and take a mould from that in FG. I'll take a pic of the male plug one I made for the rad duct on the black Zeus. They take ages to make, can be damaged in seconds, but once you have the mould you turn out dozens of the things (and flog `em ;))

It is looking a bit better though :)

The way you SHOULD do it is to make a male plug mould, out of say plaster of Paris, smooth it to perfection, cover it in release agent and take a mould from that in FG. I'll take a pic of the male plug one I made for the rad duct on the black Zeus. They take ages to make, can be damaged in seconds, but once you have the mould you turn out dozens of the things (and flog `em ;))

It is looking a bit better though :)

I see what you're saying, but this duct would only work if the cooler was fitted in the exact same spot. I could've got a few brackets made all the same. But, most people run a FMIC so I don't know whether this would fit as I have your SMIC ;)

The thought did cross my mind for a brief second.

Thanks for the erm... compliment :D