The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nitrous on supra good or bad?

Guest ziuziu007

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ziuziu007
If you already do 12 sec 1/4miles with nitrous why are you asking about it?

Why don't you detail you exact setup if you're running 12sec 1/4's...

BTW you can run 11's without N2O...but then you wouldn't care about that as those times are done by focussing on things other than raw power...

that was just an example of what i want to hear from this forum,i am running under 14s on 300zx tt stock and same on rx7 tt stock,both of them will make another second down if with nitrous....as have project on supra making a research.thats all:search:

if nitrous setted up correctly,it will not harm engine,in us nitrous systems are more popular than in uk,because people dont just talk,they do.........

fair enough ;) good luck with your setup

as have project on supra making a research.thats all:search:

It seems its only research you want to hear and that your choosing to listen to though....people are telling you what works but you are still adament firing a huge shot of nitrous through your engine

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)

any one can give a figures? simple as this :

i have tt 6 speed manual with no nitrous i do 1/4 mile in 13 sec at 115mph

and with nitrous (which kit) i do 1/4 mile in 12 sec at 135mph

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dont do nitrous

Do single

well i know about nitrous more than you think maty,,,so if you dont have the answer for the question i ask...pass it....

Dont annoy people with snotty messages, especially when your first question and subsequent replies have been very very vaugue.

What do you expect from such questions.

As a newbie you will get loads of sarcastic remarks if you carry on like that (as im sure you have by now found out)

if nitrous setted up correctly,it will not harm engine,in us nitrous systems are more popular than in uk,because people dont just talk,they do.........

Thats it big up the yanks and put down everyone else, another example of annoying people.

mk4 supras have one of the strongest blocks on 1990-1997 sports jap cars in 300 bhp range in stock,,,as at present i have gto tt,rx7 tt,300zx tt and na supra,thats a bit of my collection,,,and this 4 cars are still loved by many many people around the world even that they are old,,,i spent hours on education of each of the car and can say that the supra is the one....but i still like the looks of gto more and 300zx is feels much better on the road and rx7 on track way is something i never forget as it picking up the speed as a jet plane........

Yet another nube with cars gallore and 6 squillion BHP in each one.

Hours of education too, wow.

this is the example of what i want to hear from this forum,i dont have a nitrous on any of my cars yet,but thinking to put one,thats why asking about in difrence in performance on supra...

by the way in that example i wrote it would be 100 bhp jets,it would be single point wet kit with full throtle micro switch,no progressive controller,and the tyres just any budget ones,as they are softer and hae a better grip on track way...

I am no expert in drag racing mate but i am pretty sure that a progressive controller would be a lot better than trying to add an extra 100bhp straight away, plus buying propper tyres instead of budget ones will do just as much for reducing yout 1/4 mile time.

You need to do a bit of research chap. What type of system you want, how big jets, what your goals are.

If it is drag racing then there are better ways to spend the money, traction is a really important, 19" chome wheels with budget rubber isn't goping to cut it.

Decent drag wheels and tyres will give the best gain.

A recent suprapod day showed that lots of power doesn't necessarily mean a good time !

I know a couple of people who have run it and they do rave about it, but it is expensive and doesn't last long, definitely a drag only type mod in my opinion.

As an example Rays the roof went from running high 15's at 89 mph to high 13's at 100mph (his car is an N/A aerotop)

There is that guy in europe somewhere with the BPU car who runs 11s. If i recall correctly thats without spray.

Cheep rubber and 19s is definately not the way to go :p if you want a fast car. you can have 1000 bhp but without a way of putting that on the track it means jack!

Guest ziuziu007
There is that guy in europe somewhere with the BPU car who runs 11s. If i recall correctly thats without spray.

Cheep rubber and 19s is definately not the way to go :p if you want a fast car. you can have 1000 bhp but without a way of putting that on the track it means jack!

i dont know where from its come up but i never said that i have 19s with budget....as in fact i said that i have a budget tyres as they are softer and give a better grip on race way,,,,and the truth is that i have standart 16s ,and where the 19s came from on this forum i dont have a clue,,any one point this here??????thanks

ias in fact i said that i have a budget tyres as they are softer and give a better grip on race way

I must get rid of my Yoko A420's in favour of some Nankangs to get some better grip:rolleyes:

If you can find a company to cover it. We dont touch it.

Adrian Flux covers it(I think).

Alot more goes into drag racing than just a nitrous kit. The right suspension, tires, driver...etc

But i had a 100 wet shot kit on my 67dbb single setup. I ran a boost logic auto gear box. I went from running about a 10.2@130-132mph on boost to about a 9.6@140mph on the nitrous. It really wakes the car up if done right, if done wrong it can cost you a motor and alot of other parts.

Alot more goes into drag racing than just a nitrous kit. The right suspension, tires, driver...etc

But i had a 100 wet shot kit on my 67dbb single setup. I ran a boost logic auto gear box. I went from running about a 10.2@130-132mph on boost to about a 9.6@140mph on the nitrous. It really wakes the car up if done right, if done wrong it can cost you a motor and alot of other parts.

sweet, out of interest any specs on that bad boy :eyebrows: