The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra + not seeing seeing a speed hump =

adnanshah247

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope nothing. The hump was put up in the last 3-4 days. its a road that i go down quite often as its local. all of a sudden a speed hump out of nowhere. thats why when i got out of the car i was like where the hell did that come from, i freaked out because i thought i ran someone over!

That looks absolutely terrible !

I bet you did feel like you'd run someone over. Maybe a sleeping policeman. They're a pain for just laying in the road for a nap. ;)

I hope you get some recompense. Make sure that there aren't any wanring signs at all for at least a few hundred metres before the hump, just to make sure. Its good you've taken photos too.

I remember going on holiday to Lefkas (Greece) back in the 80s, and the little village we stayed in had a relatively busy main road running past it.

One day, for no apparent reason, a hump had been laid in the road slap bang outside the local bar.

Now watching cars (still doing the speeds they had before), leaping over this new hump, that wasn't there the day before was hilarious for us and the locals, but the mayhem it caused was incredible. No warning signs or anything. Some people were hitting this at 60mph plus!

So within the fortnight we were there, it all of a sudden disappeared. Ahh fun times :D

Things must be bad then! ;)

:D

:tongue: Watch it you!:D

i be honest yes im upset the car got damaged etc. but im so thankful its just cosmetic things that i can fix myself, if it had been mechanical like bent wishbones and broken suspension i would have been so stuck!

I have an awesome Bomex Bigmouth bumper you can have, so awesome it doesn't fit properly as the car is trying to repell the awesomeness:d

Sorry to see that damage, but what is the pleasure in owning a road car so low that speed bumps become an issue? I even have customers who have to make long winded detours to get their cars to their own houses from their workplace. It'd drive me nuts, if a car won't go over any normal speed bumps at at least 20 MPH without damage it'd be a none starter for me. How much grief you guys take for the "low" look amazes me.

Sorry to see that damage, but what is the pleasure in owning a road car so low that speed bumps become an issue? I even have customers who have to make long winded detours to get their cars to their own houses from their workplace. It'd drive me nuts, if a car won't go over any normal speed bumps at at least 20 MPH without damage it'd be a none starter for me. How much grief you guys take for the "low" look amazes me.

:lol: You are right but I still prefer the low look too :D

Sports cars just don't look right when at full height. I hated my supra at stock height, I was sure it sat higher than my old renault laguna.

I wouldnt be unsing resins, fibre matt and filler in this weather...wouldnt set properly mate;)

i know mate, i have had the car under a big skip cover with 2 fan heaters under the car. left for a few hours and everything was rock solid. otherwise in this cold the filler would take forever to dry and it would just crumble.