The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra + not seeing seeing a speed hump =

adnanshah247

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't recommend any one coming round my area, speed bump after speed bump.

i can understand it though as there is a school only up the road but our speed bumps are so high, some times i have to go over then side wides i.e front passenger wheel first,which is crazy has they really dnt need to be so high and the best is i haven't even go a modded front bump or its lowered and still find it hard to get over them, and i end up holding up all the traffic especially when it time for the school runs. i have complained about them but nothing will every get done untill some hits the speed bump hard and do some damage

hope you get news back mate and sort it out!

Speed bumps at schools aren't ideal anyway. The only times kids are actually outside and around the school is in the mornings, around 3 and lunch times. The rest of the time it's relatively calm. Lollipop ladies are a lot more efficient and don't damage your car... Unless of course you run them down, but I wouldn't recommend that!

The point is, speed isn't the main concern. It's lack of care and/or attention which is the problem. For example, driving at 5mph with your eyes closed is a LOT more dangerous than driving at 30mph being on the ball with your eyes out for possible problems. Obviously, driving with your eyes closed is an extreme example and I'm not suggesting many people do this, however a car is a dangerous piece of equipment, much like a pair of scissors - if you're not careful and don't use it responsibly, then someone will get hurt - and most likely it'll be the person on the other end!!

Instead of tarring everyone with the same brush and oppressing the motorist with all these infringes, the penaulty for irresponsible driving should be worse. Much like instant bans for careless driving in specific zones or at pecific times, much like being extra careful around schools. Not building small walls in the road congesting traffic and damaging cars. And in return, responsible drivers are able to drive aong stress free, knowing there are less idiots on the road to ruin everything!!

yep. council dont give a hoot and it was put there because of a school. i stated there were no signs but all the way down the bottom were there are other humps there is a sign. if you read my posts before the council are keen on proving it was my fault but is it my faulth is theres a damn mountain in the middle of the road? Any how i have written leters which i am awaiting responses on. i have tonnes of photos to prove everything so we see how it goes.

what can i say, icey roads, dark, no street lighting didnt at all see a speed hump until bang x 3 . all the mechanical stuff survived but the body took a pounding. i dont think i was doing any more than 20mph but it was a newly put down hump, one of those big brickey type ones. front bumper split and literally tore off, left side, side skert took a small knock but filler fixed that hardly noticeable and the rear bumper took a hit as well cracking the entire left side. front wings were joined to the bumper so a lot of fibre class cracked on the wings but luckily no dents! have been busy over the weekend repairing the damage but looks like i have a long way to go! seriously dont have the time at all and its freezing out there!!! :(

its been said time and time again, guys & gals be careful out there.

My god!!!! :(

I have literally just seen this thread...

I have a hatred for speed bumps and this is the reason why!!

I feel for you mate and I hope you get her fixed soon...:) :(

yep. council dont give a hoot and it was put there because of a school. i stated there were no signs but all the way down the bottom were there are other humps there is a sign. if you read my posts before the council are keen on proving it was my fault but is it my faulth is theres a damn mountain in the middle of the road? Any how i have written leters which i am awaiting responses on. i have tonnes of photos to prove everything so we see how it goes.

I saw the post where you measured the hump, but you haven't said if it was too high.

Did the hump have any markings on it and have you photographed the hump in question and the entrance to that section of road that contains the humps to prove there are no signs?

If the council are happy to go to court on this, can you afford to lose?

dude, the council in my area are w***kers. no matter what you throw at them they have an answer for it! as for the hump it was very high. i have sent them all the paper work, lets see how it returns. im busy with work and trying to get my car on road, i cant afford the court but then again i dont want the b*stard council getting away with it!

dude, the council in my area are w***kers. no matter what you throw at them they have an answer for it! as for the hump it was very high. i have sent them all the paper work, lets see how it returns. im busy with work and trying to get my car on road, i cant afford the court but then again i dont want the b*stard council getting away with it!

That's why they are civil servants, in the private sector they wouldn't last a day.

Never take people to court if you can't afford any and all outcomes, it isn't unusual for legal costs to bankrupt the loser.

So, how high was this hump and how far did it breach the regualtions?

I would also get the suspension and wheels/tyres/wheel bearings checked for damage.

I cracked a single manifold hitting a speed bump, the dp/front section takes the hit and these single kits have no flexible section so it bends the manifold...

pretty sure I did mine on the marham entry speedbump.

good luck.. hope you get it sorted!

• 1 month later...

hi about 6 years ago i was driving ing reading ,when i the car went down a pot hole .and done some damage to the rear end. the car was a jag. i phone and sent a letter. about it, and sent a invioce for the damage done £1500.00 .With-in about 10 days i was paid out. so if i was you i would put it on papper and send it in. as long as the car had tax/mot at the time.