The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Roll cage Group buy, help and ideas

johnd-mkiv

This one allows full useage of std seats. BUT when recaro speeds where in it could only go back about 3/4 of its travel.

Please consider this restriction when fabbing.

The one major difference i felt was the stiffness..ooh er missus!

That one looks great!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have one mate and would be up for bringing my car to you for fitting to get the most room possible for the driver seat to go back, the one i sold to Wayne let my seat go fully back so may be worth having a look in his car;)

I'd also like my seat to be able to go back as far as possible ;)

my cage comes through into the passenger compartment and along the a pillar into the footwell.

IMHO this is the only point in having one as it's always the a pillar that crushes on these things... and the back of the car is strong enough. look at all the pics of mashed or rolled sups.. the a pillar crumbles so easily... :(

It needs to be welded in too.

This one allows full useage of std seats. BUT when recaro speeds where in it could only go back about 3/4 of its travel.

Please consider this restriction when fabbing.

The one major difference i felt was the stiffness..ooh er missus!

This is what I was looking to achieve, I have been looking into this today to get the most from the reclined seat the upper seat belt point will have to be moved out im thinking of bolting the main hoop to this seat belt point using the seat belt bolt and a nice bracket, killing two birds with one stone ;)

Im going to have problems with my seats and a cage fitted as it has wide shoulder bulges, if you look between the gap of the door post and the edge of the seat that will give you an idea how wide a tube you can use. Hope that made sence :D

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...