The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV UK spec 6 SPD wanted

Guest Type_s kid

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had bought a UK spec car then more than likely I would've defended it's superiority.

But because I bought a Jap spec car I defend it's superiority.

:eyebrows:

Marginally lighter, with marginally quicker spooling turbos, and er, well I'm damned if I can think of anything else.

and uk's prob have more rust as they have OEM paint still on them!! i havnt seen many imports with oem paint so obv been painted to cover up there rust

What about the fact Jspecs have 0 rust protection when they come over. there are plenty of Jspec supras arround on the road that have been running about without anti rust for as long as uk spec cars that were made to deal with it :p

P.S - Good luck finding your 6 speed UK spec car. They are very rare and hence expensive. No doubt you can pick up a Jspec 6 speed easily though for much cheeper.

now someone had a bad day at work then ....:tongue:

And that applies to all UKs and all J-Spec cars does it?

I mean J-Specs are ace aren't they, never clocked, never crashed and sent over here in bits with no history only to be repaired and suddenly high grade cars, the turbos are stronger at higher boost levels, the engine has the potential for more power using more standard bits than a J-Spec - "stronger injectors" etc, the brakes (as standard) on earlier cars could be described as "stronger", the leather is real - that's "stronger" than plastic, the glass in the headlamps is "stronger" than plastic, the heat from the seats is "stronger" than non-heated ones, the headlamp washers are "stronger" blah blah blah blah... none of which means anything to anyone who doesn't want any of this. But some people do and we should respect that.

If someone wants a UK then so be it, that leaves more J-Spec cars for the rest of you to play with.

You need to get over your J-Spec inferiority complex and be happy with what you have for the reasons you have it - stop trying to defend something that doesn't need defending.

Funny, you'd think a UK spec would be top of the stocker drag leaderboard if they were stronger..... ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2147216&postcount=3

Why would you?

How many power lifters have you seen winning gold in the 100m sprint?

Do the J-Spec cars come with MT DR's, a 4000 stall TC, BL box, piggy back and BPU mods as standard then?

Guest Type_s kid

WOW, some of you are testy bastards... let me please start off with a thank you to the people who have actually posted usefull information, now on to the rest of you pricks. I dont feel the need to pay a site no matter the price just to buy a car from someone just my opinion.

Now for some of you who can not seem to wrap it around your thick skull that the UK,US,CDN supras are FAR SUPERIOR to the JDM cars thats your own problem, I dont have the time nor patience to have a "pissing match" with you fact is fact. Better turbos,interior,brakes,cams. So maybe some of you may want to do some research ;).

I did not come on here to deal with people bashing or flaming on me about my post, just a simple request to anyone who may have a car they would like to sell and I might be interested in.

If you would like to act like children and "piss and moan" about the facts I have posted START YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD.

Chris

Why would you?

How many power lifters have you seen winning gold in the 100m sprint?

Do the J-Spec cars come with MT DR's, a 4000 stall TC, BL box, piggy back and BPU mods as standard then?

You missed the GReddy 3-Row, you're slipping michael! ;)

Strange comparison to draw, given that we're effectively talking about twins raised in different countries who share the same heart :eyebrows:

WOW, some of you are testy bastards... let me please start off with a thank you to the people who have actually posted usefull information, now on to the rest of you pricks. I dont feel the need to pay a site no matter the price just to buy a car from someone just my opinion.

Now for some of you who can not seem to wrap it around your thick skull that the UK,US,CDN supras are FAR SUPERIOR to the JDM cars thats your own problem, I dont have the time nor patience to have a "pissing match" with you fact is fact. Better turbos,interior,brakes,cams. So maybe some of you may want to do some research ;).

I did not come on here to deal with people bashing or flaming on me about my post, just a simple request to anyone who may have a car they would like to sell and I might be interested in.

If you would like to act like children and "piss and moan" about the facts I have posted START YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD.

Chris

Bye bye

Chris

You dont want to pay?

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

I'm happy to have a play people but that's just not on - he's outta here.

Banned for being an inflammatory idiot newbie insulting genuine members with no need and with no intention to pay your dues to support the club - no, you just want to rape us for what you can get an piss off without adding any value whatsoever.

Bye bye indeed. :angrymod:

J spec or UK spec can be better or worse depending on your needs and requirements.

If your lazy like me then the 80 litre tank is handy. As are things like the seat warmers for the cold mornings. Its also handy being able to put whatever fuel is cheapest in the tank without having to worry about high octane stuff.

But then its a heavier car... and has dildos which I cant see anyone wanting.

Totally no point whatsoever in comparing modified cars.

The car with the most money is usually superior.

Stock for stock is the only way to compare which is the 'better' car.... and then there is the problem of what is 'better' for one person may not be better for another.

It is a never ending argument that will not get 100% approval from everybody.

Feel a little bit sorry for the Canadian guy... he came on asking for a simple bit of info and then gets banned because some people entered into the never ending argument.

For him... the UK,US spec Supras were superior.... for others the JDM is superior.

Totally no point whatsoever in comparing modified cars.

The car with the most money is usually superior.

Stock for stock is the only way to compare which is the 'better' car.... and then there is the problem of what is 'better' for one person may not be better for another.

It is a never ending argument that will not get 100% approval from everybody.

Feel a little bit sorry for the Canadian guy... he came on asking for a simple bit of info and then gets banned because some people entered into the never ending argument.

For him... the UK,US spec Supras were superior.... for others the JDM is superior.

No he got banned for swearing and refusing to pay in order to buy a car.