MKIV UK spec 6 SPD wanted

Guest Type_s kid

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My my I did miss a lot last night.

Mine don't work either, and Toyota want over 3 figures for a new pump for them! I even have a spare set of them if anyone fancies retro-fitting them to a J-spec for the imitation factor :D

Without wanting to eat my words, interested - pm me how much you want :D

It's not so bad mate, you can just pop down the docs (bodyshop) and have them taken care of! :D

And end up looking like the masses, no thanks :p ;)

One thing that does amuse me about imports is that after fours years of seeing imports advertised it's weird how they still come into to the country with only about 50,000 miles on the clock :blink: How amazing :D

And end up looking like the masses, no thanks :p ;)

One thing that does amuse me about imports is that after fours years of seeing imports advertised it's weird how they still come into to the country with only about 50,000 miles on the clock :blink: How amazing :D

To be fair, I've done many an import myself and am always able to source high grade low milers direct from the Jap auctions. They really don't do much mileage over there, especially in these kinda cars. You can tell the genuine imports though, they're in much better condition inside, outside and under the bonnet and run without any odd noises - just quiet and smooth.

The Japanese are an immensely trustworthy and honourable nation and I've never had any trouble in dealing with them. Any car I've purchased in Japan has been EXACTLY as described on the auction sheet and their assessment. The problem is the dishonest traders in the UK. Many hide the jap history and any other traces like those oil service / timing belt service stickers under the bonnet or in door checks when they reach over here and sell a clapped out often accident damaged low grader with high miles as a 'mint' grade 4 / 4.5 with the low miles usually associated with those grades. Higher than 100,000km cars at the Jap auctions tend to be downgraded to 3.5 even if in good condition.

Use a reputable UK trader like Jurgen folks.... cost isn't everything with imports.

Cheers,

Brian.