The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£15k for something other than a Supra but What?

jassi_hayre

they're not that bad if driven normally, especially as they gave it a 6th gear, you'll get the guts of 20 out of it. Plus i think Bird's will chip it to 440hp or something similar, with the torque curve of a vanos equipped v8 and that hp i would say it would be more than a match for a bpu supra but plod wouldn't look twice at you.

Making me really REALLY want one now

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put it this way, north of Watford M3s dont seem to attract the same kiddy/scum attention that an R33 GTR does.

My mate has recently bought an R33 GTR and he cant believe the attention he gets in it. People have driven past it hanging out of windows taking photos of it etc.

He is also terrified to leave it outside of his house and parks the car every night at his parents house outside of town and then uses public transport to get home!!

Me personally, I'd worry less on a day to day basis owning an M3 than I would any R33 or 34 GTR.

Every BMW my brother has had has been vandalised in some way, including a baseball bat to every panel.

I'm getting the 7 year itch - thats how long I've had my MKIV NA and now feel its time for a change. I have thought about a TT but want to try something else.

I know this is a Supra forum but if you had £15k and wanted something other than a Supra what would you go for?

My criteria is -

Must have at least 270bhp,

Must be reliable as it will be a daily driver

Have reasonable running costs

Sit more than two,

have some sort of boot,

Look good / be different / uncommon (not keen hot hatches)

£15k is max budget

My shortlist at present is

1. E46 M3 (a bit common)

2. Masserati 3200 (running costs and reliability)

3. 996 (not sure I can get a good one at this price)

4. P1 Impreza (Running costs and feels cheap)

Thanks

Jas

Impreza P1.

Im very biased mined you, got mine as a 21st birthday present to myself.

first tank of fuel i got 200 miles. Which i didnt think was that bad.

Mine is decatted and remapped to approx 320bhp

0-60 is 4.66 at 280bhp so not slow.

massive boot!

Seats 4 just

Not so sure of all running costs yet, but got a major service quoted at circa £350

Can get a very good condition car for 15k

Impreza are common, 2 door P1s are not, Kudus with that one.

Evo vs P1.....

Evo 8 onwards for me

BUT

Subaru Noise and daily usability

Any questions fire away!

Guest GETTAJETTA

Personally, I'd get an E38 BMW 750 - boasts a 326bhp v12 and screams luxury - they can be bought for as little as 6k with low mileage. Also, alot less common than an m3

Wow - I've never been a fan of the 350Z but that black one is absolutely gorgeous. I'm tempted myself and I don't need another car!

Also shows you can apparently get 996s for £15K. Still not convinced I would though.

Have any of you guys driven any of the recommended cars? How would they compare to a supra for driving?

I drove the boss's CLK (think its a 320 Kompressor) and although quite fast, it felt like I was driving a milk float compared to my humble NA, the same goes for a S3 I test drove (old model).

I did like the black 350z but are'nt they two seaters?

If I was going to go for a two seater it would probably be a

TVR T350 (love the styling) or Boxster S (best all round two seater convertible for the money - mate has one).