The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New CW SMIC record - 591bhp

Wez

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the other mods we did yesterday was to put some extra pipework on the turbo intake, this pushed the filter much closer to the ducted headlight and just behind the fan cowling.

Something I'm going to do with mine, that or move the intake into the bumper like Jamie has recently done.

nice figure wez, do you think the 3inch limits the spool or power ?? iam really thinking seriously in changing my setup to a 3 inch system as iam sick of the noise, but on the other hand i dont want to loose anymore spool time .Iam not sure when i get full boost , but its quite soon for a large frame turbo. maybe ryan can share some light with his logs.

So salaris is the way to go then ??... i think ill be heading down this route for the new year. I like the idea of track control .

Looks like you might benefit from extending the rev limit?

Can you ask ryan to hurry up and load it onto his site please.

I was looking at the T61's last night and everybody's spools faster than mine, so would like to see how yours is now that its running even more power.

Looks like you might benefit from extending the rev limit?

Can you ask ryan to hurry up and load it onto his site please.

I was looking at the T61's last night and everybody's spools faster than mine, so would like to see how yours is now that its running even more power.

It's all relative Jon - if you're on boost you wont drop out of the powerband on all but the laggiest of turbos on a gear change and because you run 264 cams your powerband is shifted to the right, which is in many ways more beneficial on a hard pull through the gears.

It was apparent at Supra Pod - racing JamieP he was slowly reeling me in at the end of the 1/4 whereas I noticed you were bearing down on me faster at the end of the 1/4...

Cheers,

Brian.

Nice figures Wez, what mods (bar the ECU) have you had done recently? It's just you seemed to have lost the legendary low down grunt yours used to have. Comparing your recent graph to your last one, it shows now you make around 320bhp at 4.5K, whereas before you were making around 440bhp!!! Your whole graph has shifted to the right :search:

The car is running slighty more boost now at the top end where it makes peak power. Before was running 1.3bar at 6k and now its 1.4bar at 6k. But this is the limit of the wastegate now as the closed loop PID boost control is really ramping the duty up to get it to hold that at the top end.

That said cars do seems to make more power and torque on the Solaris units as you can just run so much more timing with the fueling be so precise. Once you have got the fueling close with the course option you can then tweak it with the Fine options.

The only cars i have seen produce an AFR curve like this at SRR, is with an S6.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Fletchy/scan0003.jpg

When i get back from Spain on the 4th of November i will be working on getting the PNP S6 sorted including one for the VVTI's.

IMHO you just cant get anything better or even close to the Solaris S6 for the price. The PNP S6 for the supra will be £1199+vat and by the time you have spent all the money on an EMU, Harness's, fitting and then a RLTC it would still be cheaper to get an S6..

The Solaris forum is also now active and for anyone wanting to learn abit more about Ecu funtions or have any questions etc then its the place to go.

http://www.solaris-ecs.co.uk/forum/index.php

Plus all the software etc is available for Downloading now.

I will be adding some log files up soon also for people to see the logging capabities it offers too :cool:

Ryan

Is that the drive in, drive out price or just for the EMS?