The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New CW SMIC record - 591bhp

Wez

It's just you seemed to have lost the legendary low down grunt yours used to have. Comparing your recent graph to your last one, it shows now you make around 320bhp at 4.5K, whereas before you were making around 440bhp!!! Your whole graph has shifted to the right :search:

Oh yeah :wtf: never noticed that, hmmmm.

I do have an exhaust blow from around the turbo and manifold which I havent looked into yet, maybe its something to do with that, I need to get it into the garage so I can strip the turbo side down and have a look.

I cant remember if the 560hp was with the Veilside Ti or the Tanabe but I dont think that would have killed it by that much.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah :wtf: never noticed that, hmmmm.

I do have an exhaust blow from around the turbo and manifold which I havent looked into yet, maybe its something to do with that, I need to get it into the garage so I can strip the turbo side down and have a look.

I cant remember if the 560hp was with the Veilside Ti or the Tanabe but I dont think that would have killed it by that much.

I don't think the throttle gets burried till higher up the rev range; lok at the AFR graph Ryan posted; it doesn't go to 11ish till higher up the rev range, indication no boost, perhaps through non-WOT. I suspect the same of my car's dyno printout too (i.e. non-WOT lower down the rev range), otherwise it's only got something silly like 100bhp at 3000rpm which is obviously wrong. Yes it's laggy low down, but not THAT laggy! ;)

otherwise it's only got something silly like 100bhp at 3000rpm which is obviously wrong. Yes it's laggy low down, but not THAT laggy! ;)

Hmm, check Ryan's site, yours, mine and Jamie's only make around 120bhp at 3k, and Pig's makes smack on 100bhp at 3k. So seems right to me :search:

Hmm, check Ryan's site, yours, mine and Jamie's only make around 120bhp at 3k, and Pig's makes smack on 100bhp at 3k. So seems right to me :search:

Doesn't seem right to me; that's my point. I don't think any of the cars on SRR get booted (WOT) from idle. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've got >120bhp at 3,000 rpm.

The AFR would be different through the rev range and progressively get richer as rpm and boost increases, there is no need to run 11.5 at say 0.5bar at 4000rpm.

True, but you wouldn't expect to see >14ish at any boost level, yet you do. I'm no tuning expert though, so it could be me being wrong not the interpretation of the graph.