The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Supra

wannasupra

Because it's not an import. I would save £200 insuring a UK t/turbo compared to my NA.

Sorry guys, you may have mis-read my post. :) I completely understand that a UK spec TT would be cheaper to insure than an NA, which by definition is an imported car. But would a J-spec TT be much more (or any more) to insure than an NA?

I suppose the simple answer for me is "phone up and find out". Just wondering if anyone knows already.

Lust, I think they get into the 15's dude, maybe lower :eek: They are better suited to 1/4 mile than the Supra I think.

Well that shouldn't whoop a manual SZ... maybe nip it to the line. And since CTRs are supposedly virtually untunable without forced induction I can't see many embarrassing an NA. Hmmm.

:looney:

Well that shouldn't whoop a manual SZ... maybe nip it to the line. And since CTRs are supposedly virtually untunable without forced induction I can't see many embarrassing an NA. Hmmm.

Lust, with your exemplary driving skills and your 14.5 quarter you may beat them. I thiunk the main point to note is that a fair few NA's thta have tried against a CTR haven't beaten them.

That said you can only do a quarter mile run if your keys aren't locked in your car ;)

As for the insurance, a J spec TT is often cheaper to insure than an NA. Mine most certainly was. Don't ask me why though. :Pling:

I'm not saying an SZ would win, but I am saying at least it'd be close, I'd have thought the two cars were on pretty level par (performance, not looks!)

BTW I'm paying c. £350 insurance, so wouldn't say a Jap TT is cheaper than an NA!

(then again now that crazy dude's left Liv Vic, I guess my insurance will be going up next year!)

Guest Sakura
according to the Frizzell website they won't touch imports. Still haven't given up, i will find a cheap quote.

Their website says one thing - but telephoning is another! I have been insured with them for imports since 2000 with no problems at all. :)

• 1 month later...
Contrary to popular belief, they did make a N/A for the UK. I took mine to Bury Toyota last week for a couple of bits (Mate in the know!) and he confirmed you CAN buy a UK - NA .....?????

Tell him he is talking bollox! Unless he means the MK3?