The mkiv Supra Owners Club

no confidence

TRACIE_LOU

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the past few months i have lost all confidence in the supras abillity to keep me safe, several times now its bit me in the ass coming of roundabouts ,now considering its an auto na and im not booting it out ,the rear end keeps stepping out so far ive been lucky and caught it. my previous car was the honda ctr which i had total confidence in and in three years it never once bit me even though i drove it like a maniac :). is there a suspension upgrade that anyone can recomend that dont cost too much that will sort this ,its stock at the moment

by the way it wasnt wet :D

So ur not going fast, ur n/a auto supra is kicking out on dry roundabouts? Hmmmmmmmmm, tyres or ur one serious liar :D

Give Ibrar Jabbar a shout, he might be able to beat it, and even if not he's a nce chap and money kept in the club is always a winner. :)

yeah will do but after getting it checked over by ashbhp and chris wilson looks like we need to spend a bit on it to get it right so bang goes tt lol:(

I had a similar scare the other week the back end of mine stepped out (it was wet however) and scared the life out of me.

I changed the tyres to Vredesteins (sp) as recommended by another member on here, the difference is amazing and I would recommend them to anyone.

They are becomming more expensive as they are getting more popular but they are still cheaper than dunlops etc, I paid £135 each for mine and that was for 18's.

I have since tried to get the back end out on mine and can't so would say tyres are your best bet :)

My N/A was doing just this. I had a full geometry reset and some good rubber on the back - Toyo Proxes T1R's. Absolutely transformed the handling, drives like its on rails now even in the wet.

By the way, I had Dunlop SP9000's before and they were pants in the wet, compound is way too hard, toyo's will wear quicker but the grip is far superior. Off Ibrar too, good price :)

I switched from Eagle F1's to Toyo T1R's a few years ago and have to say the Toyos give so much more grip & feel. The F1's were treacherous in anything other than dry conditions and would slide at silly low speeds.

The last set of Toyos I had lasted me 15 months, so I don't think wear is much of an issue for such a sticky tyre (on an N/A at any rate)

So ur not going fast, ur n/a auto supra is kicking out on dry roundabouts? Hmmmmmmmmm, tyres or ur one serious liar :D

why would i lie especially when i feel my kids may be at risk from a possible problem :p

also found out today that the wheels have been sat on the studs only and not supported by the hub which may explain why we have a broken ,stud adaptors on the way :rolleyes:

When i first got my Supra TT, it had V V cheap brand new rear tyres on it from the importer. It was my first ever rear wheel drive car and a bit of a step up from my previous car (citroen c2 vts), quite simply it was almost a death trap in the wet, back end all over the place.

Very first thing i did was get some new rubber and wheels, made a world of difference to my confidence in the car. It still catches me out on ocasions, but normally thats cos im toeing it when i probably shouldnt be......

The only words of advice the importer gave me was "oh yeh.....and watch that back end" as i drove off the forecourt. It always shocks me how these people can live with themselves, sending such a powerful car out on VV cheap rubber that hes deliberately chosen, knowing im an noobie to RWD.

grr