The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my dreams have come true.....

grafter

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no i agree, this is a prime example of what forums are for. I'l be honest, i was going to get that car and yes it drives great and looks stunning, but im so glad i came on here first

lucky escape bud. supras are fantastic cars that can give years of trouble free fun, but get a bad one and you will need another mortgage, and they are not easy to come by at the moment :D

lol wouldnt it just *hides head*. Nah seriously, thank you guys.

and if anyone has a manual TT up for grabs at less than £7.5k id be interested ;)

No shame in linking to mine... :eyebrows:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=161357

My car is solid, it has been a TT from the start and its not alot more than you were looking at. It's also been worked on by JODYT who is a member on here! :ecstatic:

Good luck finding the right car for you.

No shame in linking to mine... :eyebrows:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=161357

My car is solid, it has been a TT from the start and its not alot more than you were looking at. It's also been worked on by JODYT who is a member on here! :ecstatic:

Good luck finding the right car for you.

Thats alot of car for the money. a much better option in my opinion

Tiptronics are well worth a try...of course you should try a normal auto too, you will probably be surprised even if you are normally anti-auto...but Tiptronics are a very capable middle step between normal auto and manual. Theres a premium on 6 speed manuals fair enough, which to me just makes the Tiptronics better value. I also went to buy 6 speed but went with Tiptronic after driving both. Not for everyone, but worth a try before you buy.

Well done on your decision to not buy that motor.

There are plenty of decent ones around, and please don't dismiss the auto, as its excellent IMO.

When I went to see mine, I saw it was auto and thought 'no' straight away, but after the demo by the previous owner, I couldn't wait to have a go. I've never looked back since :)

I think the only reason for 'upgrading' to a manual, is if I wanted to seriously upgrade the power, but its perfect as it is for now.

This forum is just great if you ask the right questions, and listen to the answers, as there are good, knowledgeable people on here.

:grouphug:

Tiptronics are well worth a try...of course you should try a normal auto too, you will probably be surprised even if you are normally anti-auto...but Tiptronics are a very capable middle step between normal auto and manual. Theres a premium on 6 speed manuals fair enough, which to me just makes the Tiptronics better value. I also went to buy 6 speed but went with Tiptronic after driving both. Not for everyone, but worth a try before you buy.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/743118.htm

thanks for the suggestions guys, Il keep an eye out for any local meets etc and see if i can pop along and blag a copilots seat to try them out. If anybodys in or around the Ipswich area, please feel free to pm me and try to pursuade me lol.

Andrew - I can see the love man lol. Im so glad I joined up and told you lot about it first and got the right response, even if it wasnt the response i was looking for lol. I text the bloke saying i wasnt going to have it yesterday morning, funny that, he hasnt replied lol.

Il be sure to post up any ideas or cars ive seen before purchasing thats for sure.

Lockys - cheers mate. Having a good butchers

If anybodys in or around the Ipswich area, please feel free to pm me and try to pursuade me lol.

If you want to drive up the A140 and come to Long Stratton you can have a ride in my auto TT aero to experience how good the auto box is :D

Funnily enough I thought about looking at the exact same car before I got mine as it was advertised on pistonheads a few months ago and was nearby, glad I didn't in the end from the sounds of things!

I wish i could go up to the pod today, but got other plans for this weekend, but looks like you got the weather for it, jammy beggers! Have a good day.

Yeah drove past the car on my way home yesterday, bonnet open, top engine cover on the floor and some tools......REAL glad i didnt now!

And yep, membership paid, gunna check out dan's veilside jobby next weekend